Tuesday, 8 June 2010

All That Blooms

Hiya folks!

Welcome to my wee blog, glad you could join me today. Hope you are all well? I'm sitting here feeling all un-inspired today, something to do with the very grey skies and wet stuff falling - ugh! And I have to go food shopping - double ugh!

Something a little cheerier then, my card for today, which is my DT piece for Tuesday Taggers. This week we are all about Blooms, what with summer just around the corner (where?? I don't see it today, LOL). All the flowers are bursting out, so there is a load of inspiration out there.


I have used one of my digi-images for this card (surprise!) the Poppy which you can get from my shop, Delicious Doodles. I have a good few floral images there in case you needed any for this challenge!! (plug!) I coloured my image with watercolour pencils and scanned it in the compy. That way I have the coloured image already to print out for my various layers.

I have used a yummy sketch from Totally Gorgeous for my layout:


I almost forgot to put a sentiment in, but as the card was finished I didn't have a lot of space left, so I got my pen out and wrote it in myself! Wish I had fancy writing, mine is so boring! LOL


My papers are from a Joanna Sheen cd, RHS Botanicals. The ribbon and flower shaped brads are from the stash. The flower in the top corner was made with spare bits of that paper and bits from my 'bits box' using floral punches. I have inked the edges of the petals, and the card/papers too, for extra definition.

This card fits a few other challenge too, so I am entering this into:

Charisma Cardz - 'Flowers', Crafty Catz - 'Red and Black', A Spoon Full of Sugar - 'Floral Delights', Bee Crafty - 'Blooming Marvelous'.

OK, so off you go to the Tuesday Taggers Challenge Blog for some more floral fancies from my DT sisters - hope to see you there. . .


******************





Don't forget to come and join my Delicious Doodles Group over at The Crafter's Digital Art Centre. There are loads of freebies to be collected on the different group pages, loads of inspiration! I have one of my digi-images FREE for the whole of this month, only available on my Delicious Doodles Group page - come and join me!

17 comments:

Rebekah said...

Love these poppies Teri! Great colours hugs Rebekah x

Larisa said...

Very bright colours!!! So good poppies!!!! Very nice card! Hugs. Larisa.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Teri
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a gorgeous card. I love the flowers. A fantastic card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Saskia said...

Beautiful card Teri!!

Saskia :)

Netty said...

Love the layout. The card is beautiful. Annette x

Suzanne said...

A fantastic card. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Catz this week
Hugs
Suzanne x

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Just beautiful and soooo life like!! Love the depth of color!

Kat said...

This is beautiful Teri. Love those poppies. Love how you interpreted Net's sketch and thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Zoechaos said...

Lovely poppy fabulous to be able to draw like that, hand writing is great wish I could use mine! Urber talented lady you. xx Zoe

PatR said...

Love your card, it's bloomin' great! I've left you something on my blog.
xx

Vee said...

Fabulous card, love the flowers and the colours. Thanks for playing with Charisma.
xx Vee

Kim said...

Teri,
Thanks for your warm thoughts of my Gran during this weekend! It really means a lot to me. Hugs....
She's very bruised and sore, still. We go on Monday for more tests. Keep her in your thoughts....
I'm so in love with this card! I adore your poppy already and the way you have colored this one up is divine!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Teri, I wanted to stop by and see what you are up to. I love the poppy card! It is gorgeous. We are excited for our blog hop tomorrow. Thanks for being one of our sponsors! Sure miss you! Have a great week!

mulberry station said...

Gorgeous Poppies! Love your card!

Ildiko said...

Teri this is sstunning. The poppy looks so real.
Hugs
Ildiko x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

OH WOW >>> THIS REALLY POPS!!!!
LOVE IT!~!