Thursday, 13 May 2010

Wanabe Vamp

Hi again folks!

Thought I would share this card with, made using my new image Wanabe Vamp, just loaded into my shop Delicious Doodles.

I have used the sketch from Midnight Madness for this card, and wanted a 'soft goth' look to go with my image. Hope it works.


I tried soooo many colour combos before settling with this one. Originally I had deep purple as the base and black on the left, but decided I have used too much purple lately, so opted to introduce some red to complement the dress.


I have used a new Martha Stewart border punch too, after my very naughty spend yesterday in my local craft shop - me bad! I also bought the little silver 'nail heads', which are sticky dots really, but they look like brads.


My paper is by Tinker & Co., (the swirly purple and pink one) which I also used for the three bits on the right of the sketch. I was going to use ribbon, but couldn't find anything suitable in my stash. BAH!! Cardstock is from the stash - black, silver mirri and pearlescent red (which I embossed and rubbed silver metallic rub-on over).

Flowers are made with leftover bits and my various flower punches, topped with some more of those brad stickers, and red gems. I also smeared the petals with some more of that silver rub-on. Just helps to lift the flowers a bit. I didn't bother with the bows and twirly bit in the end, as I couldn't figure out what to put there that matched everything else. Hope you don't mind ladies?


My image was printed large on normal white card, which I then coloured in with my watercolour pencils. I am such a messy colourer - even though it was large I still managed to go over the lines. Too impatient that's my trouble! I scanned the finished image and printed out to size on glossy photo paper, which brings out more of the colour. I meant to do another layer, but completely forgot to cut out and stick before I took the photo - duh!! Still, looks okay to me as is.

I am also going to enter this into the challenge at Fab 'n' Funky this week, as their theme is 'Metal' (silver mirri and those brad stickers).

Right, seriously need to go do some DT stuff now, and lunch, washing up, tidying. . . why can't the days be longer . . . ??

18 comments:

LINDA said...

What a gorgeous card.. Love the colors and the design is just awesome..Your coloring is perfect..
Hugs, Linda

Priscilla said...

Hi Teri, love your know image.. it is great and your colors are just perfect. Those nail head brad stickys are so coooooool. I will have to look for those. Well done with the sketch my friend :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week and for helping celebrate out one year anniversary. I have saved you a dance and would love to see your moves..lol See you on the dance floor. DANCE PARTY HERE
Next week we will be celebrating with a Barbeque Midnight Madness style.
See you at the BBQ
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Teri she is a vamp in more ways that one such a sultry look about her bet she's got her teeth into one or two handsome men lol...loving the card design as well this is a first class card.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Lisa Foster said...

WOW! What a cool vamp! Love her, Teri! Fabulous card!!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Poppet said...

Great card Teri, I love the papers you have used to go with the vampy image. :-) xx

Kim said...

Girlie, you have rocked yet another sketch! I LOVE your little vampy woman in the red! Your card is gorgeous. I love all the punching you did, you should link this one up to Practical SCrappers this week, punches!
blessings,
Kim xXx

Sally H said...

Teri she is wonderful! So Goth!

Shelly said...

Hi Teri! This is great... really different! Definately one for 'Twilight' lovers!
Hugs Shelly ;)

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Oh this is sooo cool! You sure nailed the soft goth style! The image is amazing and your colors are perfect for it! Me like!

Thanks for joining in on our dancparty this week. Make sure to come back for our big barbecueparty next week!

Mvh
Gunn
MMSC GDT

Becky said...

What a fab card and image Teri, love the fangs!!
xx

LuLu said...

What a fab, fresh & vampie card Teri. Many thanks for joining in with Fab'n'Funky this week.

Lou
x

Darsie Bruno said...

You can never use too much purple in my eye! This is a fabulous and fun card! I love it! Thanks so much for attending the party this week, and please come to our BBQ party next week!
Hugs, Darsie
Midnight Madness Design Team

mulberry station said...

Hi Teri, another great card! I love how you used your water color pencils.
Nice effect. How you are doing well!
Nancy

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Teri - this is gorgeous! I love the colour cmbo with this image - definitley a soft goth feel to it! Your extra touches are gorgeous!! Love it! We are glad you joined in the fun this week and appreciate your support for the MMSC - we look forward to seeing you NEXT week when we are going to be 'sizzling' - on the Barbeque - YUMBLY! C U there! (((HUGS)))
Linda MMSC Design Team

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow! I really like the image that you chose as well as your coloring! What a great take on the sketch challenge. We hope to see you next week at the BBQ. Thanks so much for "partying" with Midnight Madness this week!
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

andrea said...

beautiful card,great colours and detail,the image is gorgeous thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Teri, wow what a gorgeous card, loving that image you've used here and that sketch at Midnight Madness is fabulous, might have to have a go at that one myself this week. Hope you have a lovely weekend, the sun is out here and its looking very hopeful! hugs Linda x

Carol said...

Teri-what an amazing image! I love all your punched edges and fabulous flowers. Great job with the sketch this week. Thanks for playing along and hope you are enjoying the dance party.
Bear Hugs,
Carol :0}
Midnight Madness Design Team