Friday, 21 May 2010

Vintage Moonlit Sands

Hiya folks!

Another gorgeous day here in NE Scotland! Make the most of it, this is probably it for the rest of the summer season - LOL

My card for today is my entry to the Midnight Madness challenge, and this is the sketch I sort of followed:


I omitted some of the bits on the left, and did not use buttons. I am not very comfortable using buttons for some reason, can't think why but I can't seem to get used to them on cards. So I made my own flowers with my usual punches and spare bits, with some added gold brads and stickles. This fits the challenge at Fab 'n' Funky which is to make your own embellishments. I also added a little bow at the top - which is also hand-tied.


My image is my own digi-image that I named Moonlit Sands, available in my shop, Delicious Doodles. You may have seen her a few posts ago in full colour. I had scanned the colour version into my computer. What I did with this version is turn my colour image into a greyscale in photoshop, then in my QuarkExpress programme that I use to make my cards with, I turned the greyscale brown to make a sort of sepia image out of it.


The papers I matched it all with are from Tinker & Co. Can't link to the shop there at the mo, as Jo is revamping her website. Until then you can get some of her yummy stuff off her blog. You can't see much of it, but the left hand side has a strip of paper that I used a MS border punch on, wrapped round with a few bits of ribbon from the stash.

This also fits a couple of other challenges. At Papertake Weekly the challenge is to use 'Flowers'. Not too hard there then - lol. And at Charisma Cardz the challenge is to make something 3Dimensional. My flowers are the 3D items here, hope that's OK?

Right, it seems as though I have to go over the blooming park AGAIN. The kids are off for a long weekend - Thursday to Tuesday - ugh! I tought my youngest to ride her bike without stabilisers yesterday, and she is so excitied about it that it seems like I'll have to set my bed up over there. I was lucky to get this card done for today. Hope I'll get time for the rest of my DT stuff. . .

11 comments:

Carol said...

Ooo Teri this is awesome. Look at your flowers too!!! Oh my gosh, I just love how you did the brads going down one side of the petals. They look out of this world gorgeous. What a fabulous card from one corner to the other. A treasure feast for the eyes!!! Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

mulberry station said...

Love the earth tones for your card. Very suttle and beautiful! Beautiful job on your image too! Have a great week Teri!

Sally H said...

Fabulous! Love the colours you used and your flowers are stunning as always

Kim said...

Teri this is just stunning! I am so crazy for your image and the soft delicate touches you added to this card. I think you knocked the sketch out! Just stunning! Hand tied ribbon.....omg, this is a perfect bow!
Blessings,
Kim xXX

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Teri - this is just divine!@ I always love to see your images, they are fabulous. Love the sepia as well, it gives your card a great feel! Your flowers are amazing - they frame her beautifully! Once again you have'wowed' us with this gorgeous card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us this week and joining in the fun - we have more instore for you next week - would love to see you then! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Lovely atmospheric card, great colours.

Hugs Ali x

Bubbles said...

Really lovely your flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

Vee said...

This is a fabulous 3-D project, so pretty. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good luck.
xx Vee

Leanne said...

WOW this is absolutely beautiful - love everything about it!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma - good luck!

I also have candy on my blog, 3 Magnolia Fairytale Stamps if you would like to enter, here is the link.

Leanne xx

Christina C. said...

Teri, this is absolutely beautiful!
Stunning image and your flowers are gorgeous!!!

Priscilla said...

lovely card..killer flowers too ;) Thank you for being a part of these challenges and for helping celebrate out one year anniversary. This week will be an exciting player participation week, so please check back tomorrow for that. You do not want to miss out on that. As always thanks for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess