Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Tuesday Taggers - Man's World

Hiya folks!

Back to the normal summer weather here, wet , windy and grey. Kids are back at school after their 'long weekend' - in service days, would you believe it. Kind of counts as a half term really, as we don't get a whole week for that up here, wierd huh?? Trouble is, whilst I celebrate the kids being at school, I still have the wee one here at home sporting a nasty croupy cough. Don't know where that came from, she keeps getting them. . . miserable for her.

So, my card for today then, is my DT offering for Tuesday Taggers. Our theme this week is 'A Man's World'. We want all things manly! I chose to go with one of my own images again, a Vintage Chevy, available in my shop, Delicious Doodles. I have coloured with the usual watercolour pencils before scanning into the compy and printing out on glossy paper and layering up with foam pads.


My backing is an old sheet of vintage car images that I got years ago from an online craft shop. The square brads are from a seller on ebay. I am also entering this into the challenge at DU2DS, whose theme is also 'One for the boys'.

Nice and simple today. Can't believe how long it took me to make up though. It has been sitting on my desk since last Wednesday waiting for me to put together, but with the kids being off and needing entertainment, and having taught my youngest how to ride her bike without stabilisers I haven't had the time!! Really must knuckle down to some serious business - you should see my 'to do' list!!

12 comments:

Kim said...

Teri, I LOVE this car! When I was very little, my uncle had a car like this...I remember him taking my Aunt and me to the drive-in in it. It was almost this color. Ah the memories....
I think this is an awesome masculine card, love the dimension and he backing papers too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

lil-paper-pixie said...

Fab card Teri, that card is amazing.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I just love this man card. You are so good with them. Great image and such clean lines - it's gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Teri, this is such a stunner hunny love that image! also love your sweet peas card below, great image and lovely papers. I am so sorry the weather has been awful again, its cooler here too but not so hot, although im rather happy about that! the scorching heat was too much for old me! enjoy your day hunny hugs Linda x

Christin said...

Hey Teri,
i like your card!!!
It´s a perfect man-card!!!!
And I love Oldtimer!!
hugs
Christin

Silvia said...

Wonderful card and fantastic image.

Priscilla said...

Congratulations on being one of the finalists for the prestige “Priscilla Award”. In my opinion, you have been selected among some of the best card makers on the internet. I encourage you to blog about this and to contact all your friends and family to come support you and place a vote for you. The voting will last one week and I am truly honored that you are a part of this yearly award. You can find all the details and your “Gold Star” card on our current post found below…
VOTE HERE
Good luck and be sure to cast your own vote as well. Thank you and Good Luck :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Sally H said...

Wonderful card, Teri! I love it.

PatR said...

Brilliant card Teri. The car is fabulous, you are so clever.
xx

Avril Ann said...

Love, Love, Love, it Teri, I am doing a 50th for a guy in Brian's work, who has just had a Kidney transplant, pity I have not finished it yet, as I could have played along this week.....Love Avril xxx

crafty amy said...

I have done that with cards I really have to be in the mood or I can spend weeks looking at bits of paper lol. This looks grat though and I like the depth the decoupage gives it :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Chris said...

Fantastic card Teri and such a great image! Love your colouring and design too. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS. Chris :)