Sunday, 23 May 2010

Take Time to Smell the Roses

Hiya folks!

Well, our glorious weekend has taken a turn for the damp. What started as a nice sunny day has become a hit and miss affair with the thundery black clouds and torrential downpours - ugh! Might get to finish what I started in the garden one day. . .


My card today then is one that I have made to showcase my newest doodle - Smell the Roses, available now in my shop Delicious Doodles. ***A little plea - If anyone out there knows of a challenge blog that is looking for sponsors, could you drop me a line or a comment - Thanks peeps!***

I have used a sketch from Friday Sketchers here:


I have used papers from Tinker & Co, Vintage Dressmaker is the kit's name. Sorry but I can't link to their shop as it is being re-vamped at the mo. I have inked some edges here and there for some extra interest. I used some glittery pink card for layering and for the flowers too. These were made using punched shapes, and also some white paper roses to which I dabbed some ink on the petal edges. Just gives it that little extra ooomph!


My image 'Smell the Roses' was printed out large onto A4 card, then coloured with my watercolour pencils before being scanned back into the compy, and printed to size. Thing is, I think I should have coloured the bottom some more, as it shows up more white than yellow like the rest of her dress.

I have used some metallic brads for the corners of the layered panel, although I didn't want to puncture the card after I had made it. Silly me forgot to add the brads to the panel before I stuck it down. So I cut the pointy ends off the brads and stuck the heads on by themselves. Does the job! I used a MS border punch to the left and layered two types of card there.


I am pretty well pleased with the way this one turned out. Nice and girly, which I hope would allow it to be entered in the challenge this week at A Spoon Full of Sugar, as their theme is 'Cute and Girly'. Not sure about the cute bit - but most defo girly huh?!!

Righty then folks - off to tackle some more DT stuff for next week - have a great day peeps!!

5 comments:

Poppet said...

Beautiful card, beautiful image Teri. Gorgeous papers. :-) xx

It's a crafter's companion blog are always looking for sponsors. The link is here

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow! I love the colours and the image is beautifully done. This card is a stunner. Gorgeous work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kim said...

Love your new image...She is so very beautiful. This is so soft and feminine....those little rosettes are yum!
Check out Creations by Penny's new digi papers, I know you love the digi papers.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sally H said...

Teri, it's stunning! She is so beautiful and I love the colours you have used.

Lisa Foster said...

Beautiful Teri!
Hugs,
Lisa