Sunday, 2 May 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Sketchy Time!

Hiya folks!

Hope your Bank Holiday Weekend has been a fine one so far (for those in the UK). A bit up and down here in NE Scotland. Fabulous Friday, damp and grey Saturday, Sunday grey start but got better later. Wonder what today will bring?

I know one thing - it brings a wee sketchy your way drawn by our very own Anne for our challenge this week at Sweet Pea Stampers:



I wanted to make an easel card this week, and I also made a box envelope to go with it.



I used a template that I won from the Midnight Madness challenges ages ago, but have never used to date. So this was a first for me. Didn't go too bad me thinks. Nothing overboard, I kept it simple as it was my first attempt. Trouble was, it required 12"x12" card, and I only have A4 size. So it took a bit of figuring out and printing of a few sheets before I got it right. Hope it stays stuck together!!


My card then is an easel card as I mentioned before. The backing paper is from Tinker & Co and is printed in a tint onto cardstock. I printed some more out full colour for the bits and pieces on the card, and for the flowers made with my punches. Bet your tired of these by now huh? I like them, so it's tough - hah!


My image is a freebie that I downloaded from Ching Chou Kuik's website, and is a colouring page for the kids. Couldn't let them have it for themselves now could I?? Sorry kids! I coloured with my usual watercolour pencils. No layering here - too fiddly! Ribbons, bow and gems are from the stash. I left the stopper bit blank so it could be written on later when I figure who to send it to.



This happens to fit a couple of other challenges this week, both requiring Easel cards, at Creative Inspirations, and at SSDS. And at LOTV their theme is 'Here comes summer'.

Hope you guys can come play with us at Sweet Pea Stampers, all you need to do is follow the sketch and use a Sweet Pea Stamp - simples! as those little Meerkats in the advert would say!!

8 comments:

Sally H said...

That's beautiful. I love the ribbon idea, and your flowers are stunning

Pascale said...

Hi Teri this is so STUNNING. I adore the FLOWERS. I love the paper printed onto card stock gorgeous. Great work hun hugs Pascale

Poppet said...

This a an absolutely beautiful card the colouring and colours are stunning. :-) xx

Nicola said...

Wowzers Teri your colouring is amazing and your easel card is so pretty. Loving the image you have chosen and your handmade flowers are gorgeous. Fabulous ribbon detail and wonderful take on Anne´s sketch.
Thank you so much for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

angel4031 said...

WOW this is a gorgeous card, I love the colors, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations xx

AmandaB said...

Wow, your card is absolutely stunning!!! I love the colors and the Sweet Pea image... Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week..

Amanda:0)

Pops x said...

Love the image that you have chosen for this, fab colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time big hugs pops x x x

cats whiskers said...

Thanks for joining us at LOTV with such a fabulous card, just perfect for summer
Hugs Jacqui x