Monday, 24 May 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Recipe

Hiya folks!

Well, we seem to have had our summer already here in NE Scotland. Woke this morning to grey skies and dampness, plus the wind direction has changed to northerly, so the temp has dropped too - ugh!!

BUT - on a more cheery note, today is a new challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers, and it is a recipe: 4 dp's, 2 ribbons, 2 shapes and 1 button. Can't believe how many times I photographed this card, as I kept forgetting parts of the recipe. First I forgot the button, then I forgot it was 2 ribbons, so had to hastily make a bow and find somewhere suitable to stick it - LOL!!


I have followed the sketch from LOTV for my layout this week:


And I am entering this into the challenge at Totally Gorjuss, as their theme is 'Bling It On!'

All my papers are from Tinker & Co, Vintage Dressmaker kit. There are four, honest! The main cardstock is one, the border panel is another, and there are two for the flowers. My ribbons are from my stash, a lovely deep metallic pink, and an organza pink bow. My button is hiding in the centre of the large flower!


And the two shapes? That'll be the large oval frame for the image, and the flower punched shapes, and I suppose you could use the sentiment as a shape too. I have also added loads of gems and stickles for some bling. The image, 'Love Is Gone' was coloured with my usual watercolour pencils. I snipped round the edges of the wing-tips so they overlapped the oval frame.

So, let's see what yumminess you peeps can come up with using this recipe then. You could win the lovely stamp this week, donated by Lynette at Sweet Pea Stamps, or the GDT spot, but only if you enter!! LOL Head over to Sweet Pea Stampers for all the deets, and some more inspiration from my DT sisters.

Right, well I need to go wake up the kids and go get some shopping in - oh what fun. . . see ya folks!

8 comments:

Kim said...

This is totally Gorjuss! I love your coloring on the image! Oh how beutiful. Fun recipe too! love the little bling in the flowers.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This card is awesome. Beatiful colours and embellishments and a fantastic image. Stunning work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sallie's Place said...

Beautiful card, the colouring is gorgeous and the attention to detail is fantastic.
Salliexx

Sally H said...

Stunning card Teri! I love that combination of colours and your flowers are beautiful as ever!

Pops x said...

This is gorgeous i love the cutie image and the papers are great too, thank you for joining us this time at LOTV chalenge, big hugs pops x x x

Pascale said...

Gorgeous I love the colouring Teri and gorgeous flowers and DP's Hugs Pascale xx

Nicola said...

Wow Teri you sure have rocked Sweet Pea Stampers recipe, I adore this image and your wonderful colouring. Your papers and flowers are gorgeous and hey sweetie us Scots would be dangerous with a brain rofl.
Your take on the sketch is wonderful and I thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley as well as being the sweetest DT buddy.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

crafty amy said...

This is so pretty I love the colour combo you have used on her it really makes her stand out :D

Hugs

Amy xx