Monday, 17 May 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Paper-pieceing

Hi again folks!

Card number two for today, scroll down for IACCCB DT card.

Well, the fix-it man was NOT a butch guy, just your average middle aged bloke with specs. Boring! My tumble dryer needs new bits so he's back again tomorrow to finish the job. Luckily I can still use the wash cycle on it - yeay, the joys!

My card then, is my DT piece for Sweet Pea Stampers. This week we want to see you use some scraps and do some 'Paper-Pieceing' is that how you spell it? Never looks right to me. . .


I inked up my 'Poppy Love' stamp for this one, and coloured it all with my watercolour pencils. Then I stamped onto some lovely FREEBIE papers that I got from Tinker & Co's Blog. I used these papers for the rest of my card too. The bits I 'pieced' are her dress and her tail. I shaded those pieced bits too, so it all matched together properly.


I have used a sketch from MAWTT for my layout, which I turned on it's side, as it fit the image better that way:


My flower uses the same papers and a wee scrap from my bits box, along with a brad, inky edges, and some ribbon bits from the stash. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the bottom panel, again with inky edges. The sentiment is computer generated and raised on foam pads, along with the image panel. No fancy layering here because of the pieceing.


We'd love to see what you all come up with folks. Head over to Sweet Pea Stampers for some more yummy inspiration, and to see what you coul win this time! OK, off to do some more gardening now then, where do the weeds come from . . . ??!!!

13 comments:

Bonibleaux Designs said...

OMG Girl this is gorgeous!! Just like cotton candy!

LINDA said...

Oh Teri, this is so beautiful.. Love the piecing, and your coloring is just fantastic.. Very beautiful..
Hugs, Linda

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG Teri! this is just GORGEOUS! Love the paper piecing and the entire layout. Thanks for the link to the papers. One can never have too much pink! xxD

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Teri, hope your having a good day so far hunny. Its stopped raining here finally, but im not risking a barbeque, in case it starts again! wow what a fabulous sweet pea card, loving this image and those pretty papers! have a great evening, hugs Linda x

Sue said...

Hi Teri
wow hun this is just stunning, awesome colouring, luv the colours, beautiful papers & layout, sue,x

Kim said...

Super gorgeous card, sweet friend! I love how you colored her up! Gorgeous!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Poppet said...

This card is stunning the paper piecing looks wonderful. :-) xx

crafty amy said...

Hiya sweetie,
This is so pretty thanks for the heads up on the papers I will have to go check them out they look stunning here!
And you have reminded me I need to put a wash on. Hope your gets fixed properly soon.

Hugs

Amy xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning Teri, I love these stamps and they are on my birthday wish list!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week on MAWTT Love Hazelxoxo

Pascale said...

Hi Teri this is so beautiful I love this image and you paperpieced her to perfection. Hugs Pascale

Saskia said...

Beautiful card Teri!!!!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Nicola said...

Stunning creation Teri, your paper piecing and papers are gorgeous and your take on the sketch is wonderful.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

thread-bare said...

Wow this is stunning. I haven't had the courage to ink this one up yet. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week xx Clare x