Monday, 10 May 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Colour Combo

Hiya folks!

It's the start of another week here in damp, cold and dreary NE Scotland. Wish I could say it was lovely and warm, but you'll have to content yourself with the Warm Wishes that come with the card I have made for the new theme at Sweet Pea Stampers.

This week is a colour combo for you, of Pink, Green and Brown. The layout for this card was from a sketch at Sunday Sketch and Stamp:



I chose to use the image 'Purple Woods', by Ching Chou Kuik, from Sweet Pea Stamps. Such an adorable little cat-fairy! I am still practising with using rubbah, but I'm doing OK. No major mess just yet - LOL, just a wee black thumb! I stamped this one with a black 'Ink It Up' pad onto my regular white cardstock, and coloured it in with my watercolour pencils (well sharpened this time to keep in those lines!) with a little water and brush to blend.


This was repeated three times to get the decoupage layers, which I cut out with some wee scissors. Not proper decoupage snips, just some that I got in my local chemist that do the trick just as well at half the cost! I have layered the decoupage with foam pads. Then I put some stickles in the dotty parts for a bit of bling.


The backing papers are by Tinker & Co and are printed out on white card. The flower is made with those papers too, with a little ink on the petals, and a lovely pearly brad from the stash. The ribbon and fibres are also from the stash. The sentiment is computer generated. I am entering this card into the Customer Challenge at Sweet Pea Stamps Blog, hope there is enough floweriness for you . . . ?


Now then folks, there are loads of goodies to win this week, so nip on over to the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge Blog for all the deets, and oggle at the DT creations too while you are there!

11 comments:

Pascale said...

Hi there hun sorry it is a damp squib up there. It is making up its mind down here. This is magical hunny. I love the green hair and make up. I am using this image for next week she is so gorgeous. Hugs Pascale

Nicola said...

Stunning creation Teri, your colouring is fabulous and your 3d íng sets of this image so beautifully. Your flower and fibres are the perfect finishing touch.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Rebekah said...

This is amazing Teri! I love how you have cooured this sweetpea fairy! I really must get some of those as they are to die for! Your flower is fabulous as always but I am just thrilled with your fab image colouring it really draws the eye! hugs Rebekah x

sweetpeastamps said...

Teri, this is beautiful, you did an awesome job. Thank you for partaking in our challenge.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good evening Teri, wow you've been busy again with more gorgeous creations. I am loving the sweet pea cards particularly, gorgeous images and perfect layouts and embellishments. Hope you are enjoying some warmer weather than us, hope the warm sunshine returns soon! enjoy your evening, hugs Linda x

Sally H said...

Teri, it's stunning, and It looks like you've been stamping for years! I knew you wouldn't have any problem with rubber. have you done any embossing yet?

Poppet said...

Great card Teri, the pink backing papers compliment the green in the beautiful image perfectly. :-) xx

Anne said...

There is no end to your talent Teri! This is wonderful but your colouring is absolutely amazing!!! You have so much patience with those scissors of yours!! Gorgeous card altogether! And it's probably no consolation to you but it's bloomin' freezing down here too! Brrrr.....!!!! Hugs XX

Micki said...

ohhhh girl, fabulous... totally awesome..... hugs

LINDA said...

Teri, This is just stunning..everything about it is simply gorgeous..
Hugs, Linda

Angela said...

Teri, this is STUNNING!! I love the colors and all the layers!! You did an awesome job!! THanks for joining our Sweet Pea Stamps Challenge.
Hugs:)
Angela