Sunday, 16 May 2010

Spring has Sprung - and a freebie!

Hi again folks!

At last the spring has finally come properly. Yes we had the daffodils and primroses have gone now, but in my mind spring is properly here when the Apple Blossom blooms. At last my trees are in flower, and this inspired me to create a new image - Apple Blossom. This is now available for purchase in my shop, Delicious Doodles.


Image my delight, when last evening I popped onto blogland and saw that Tinker & Co are back in action. Defo one of my fav digi-kit companies - you may have guessed. . . AND they are back with a GORGEOUS FREEBIE!! So I grabbed mine swiftish and set to work creating a card with the papers - which just happened to match with my new image - perfect!


I have teamed these up with a sketch from Sketch Saturday. Not played here before, so I hope it is up to scratch! Just noticed though that I forgot to put a sentiment under the image. I'll put one on later when I figure who to send it to. Hope that's OK. . .


I used the paper to create the punched flowers too, and I've inked all my edges with green and pink daubers. I used a Martha Stewart border punch on the panel at the bottom, which I rubbed ink over to highlight the edge. I have added some pearly centres to the flowers, and also at the bottom for a bit more bling. This fits prefectly into the challenge at Crafty Catz this week 'Petals and Pearls'.


Right, off to do some gardening now then. Blooming weeds are taking over!! Bye for now. . .Oh, and don't forget to pick up your FREEBIE and leave some love!

15 comments:

Lynda said...

What a gorgeous card Teri - the image is beautiful and the papers match perfectly. Pink and green is one of my favourite colour combos.

Love Lynda xxx

Sally H said...

Wow, wow, wow! Teri that is wonderful! I love it! Stunning image and so realistic. Gorgeous!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is gorgeous. It's beautiful. It gladdens my heart to be able to see your creations again.
Thank you so much for all your good wishes and your fantastic card. I don't have a lot of oomph at the minute but at least I can still appreciate beautiful cards.
Special Hugs,
Fiona x

carol said...

oh wow gorgeous pretty card, thankyou for sharing your creation with us at CraftyCatz, x carol

mulberry station said...

Gorgeous card Teri. Thanks for the info on the free paper over at Tinker & Co.

Sue said...

Hi Teri
gorgeous card hun, beautiful papers & layout, sue,x

Jo said...

oh my gosh beautiful hun im stealing your pic for the blog :) xxx

Michelle said...

Another beautiful digi Teri, my apples are in bloom too - they look amazing.
x Michelle

Kim said...

yummy card. I love how you totally captured the apple blossom. your card is perfect. The digi papers are beautiful, and as you said, the perfect ones to use with your lovely image! Great job! Enjoy your spring!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Teri this is gorgeous that image is so beautiful and that paper is wow just downloaded mine so thank you for the link.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Rach said...

Teri this is a gorgeous card..xx

Ali - Crafty Ribbons said...

Very pretty card, perfect.
Good luck with winning the ribbons.
Ali
Crafty Ribbons

Jo said...

Stunning work! WOW!
Thank you for joining in our challenge at Sketch Saturday
Jo xx

SemSee said...

Such a beautiful, elegant card! Thanks for joining challenge #103 at Sketch Saturday! Good luck! Hugs, Sem x

Spyder said...

Gorgeous card Teri, just had to pop over and see it!
(Lyn)