Thursday, 20 May 2010

The Sisterhood - Germany

Hiya folks!

Another glorious start to the day here in NE Scotland - I could get used to this!

Silly me forgot to post about our new theme over at The Sisterhood of Crafters yesterday - ooops!! What an 'id' as my kids would say! (short for idiot) This week we are travelling again, and our stop is Germany.

When I think of Germany I think of those thigh slapping blokes and beer! Now I don't have any thigh slapping images, but I do have a beer glass which is in my shop for purchase. So I used that. I generated some circles following a sketch from Truly Scrumptious using my compy:


and filled it with a dotty coloured background using the colours of the German Flag. Then I placed my Beer glass on the second circle. I had coloured the glass with my watercolour pencils, and scanned it in so I could place it digitally on my layout. Then I generated the sentiment, suppose I could have used the German word for cheers, but I never thought of that until now, what an 'id' again! LOL. The circular layout also fits with Totally Gorjuss this week, whose theme is 'Round'.


I copied the image and put six onto an A4 page for printing, which I did on regular white card. Then I cut out all six and whizzed them through the laminator to make some coasters. Not sure if they'll work as coasters actually, as laminated surfaces are slippery so the glass may slip off if you aren't careful. Still, nice idea even if it doesn't work!

So, let's see what you can muster up with 'Germany' in mind. Nip across to The Sisterhood for some more inspiration, plenty there to see folks!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Teri,
These coasters are fab! I love this idea, the dotts are great backing for the beer mugs...very FUN!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Lisa B said...

Oh Teri these are a wonderful idea! Don't worry, I just posted mine! I even had my card done ahead of time. Now if I could learn to schedule everything I would be right on track!

Poppet said...

Great project Teri. You could make these as presents if you used the type of coaster cross-stitchers use for their work. :-) xx

Lisa Foster said...

This is fab Teri! It's funny that when we think of Germany we are all thinking of BEER! (well, it IS good beer!)
Hugs,
Lisa

Sally H said...

Those are great! I'm sure they will work fine, and they can be wiped clean

Michelle said...

Fabulous card Teri
Will work for DU2DS too!
Fastened the trout on with a bit of acetate
x Michelle