Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Purple Haze

Hiya folks!

Thought I would nip on with a new card that I made today using one of my newest images. I have just started doodling lovely ladies after being inspired by the likes of Ching Chou Kuik and the Gorjuss Girls, you know, that fantasy kind of look, girls with long flowing hair.


So after doodling for a while here is what I came up with. I have called it 'Moonlit Sands', although the character herself doesn't have a name as yet. I was hoping you ladies out there would help me out with a suitable one. My eldest D came up with 'Haze' when she saw it, which conjured up 'Purple Haze' to me (isn't that a song?) She is available for purchase in my blog shop, Delicious Doodles.

Anyway, I followed the sketch at MAWTT this week for my layout.


The flower and bow are added extras not on the sketch. The strip across the top was made with black card, an embossing folder, some metallic rub on and a Martha Stewart border punch. I also put the metallic rub on over the edges of the dark blue cardstock.


DP's are by Funky Fairies and Tinker & Co. I tore the edges of one of the backings, just to add some interest there, and smudged black ink over the torn bits. The image and sentiment have been layered onto silver mirri for a bit of lift.

For the image itself, I printed it onto regular white cardstock first, in a large size. Then I used my watercolour pencils for colouring in - water and brush to blend. When it was dry I scanned it into the compy and printed it the right size a few times onto glossy photo paper. That gives it extra richness in the colour I think.


Think I may have gone a bit overboard with the stickles - lol. Whatever, doesn't look too bad me thinks. . . Finally I added the flower, some pearly brads and the organza bow. This also fits the challenge at I Love Digi this week, as the sentiment I put on says 'For you with thanks' and their theme is 'Thank You'.

Hope you guys can help me with a nice name for her - nothing rude please!!

12 comments:

Elaine said...

Beautiful card Teri, love the image and the gorgeous colours you have used. Am also jealous of your distressed piece, l can never get mine to look right somehow!!

Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi this week :)

Elaine x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

She is great well done another fab image. Love the way you have created so much depth in your card.
Thank you for playing along at I Love Digi too hun, see you next time I hope.

Hugs Ali x

Sally H said...

Magical! I love the colours and your stickles are perfect! Purple haze was a Hendrix song...bit loud for this young lady I think!

Poppet said...

Great card Teri, the image is beautiful. I love the sparkle you have put in her hair. The distressing works really well. :-) xx

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card, Teri! I just love this image! I think "Seaside Dreamer" when I see it... just lovely!
Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi! I hope to see you again soon!
Dee (Spryte)

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is amazing Teri, I love it. Hope all is well with you. Thanks for joining inwith us again, Love HAzelxoxo

Rebekah said...

Teri this is stunning! I love the card and the image is just beautiful! These papaers are also going to be a favourite of mine I can already tell! Just stunning hugs Rebekah x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oooooo baby .. this is so cool!!! Love this image and what you've done with her! WOW!!!

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us over at MAWTT, hugs Heidi (DT) xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Teri this is stunning those wonderful colours that beautiful image and flower oh my such a delight.

Hugs
Lorraine x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

What a great card and fabulous image. Loving that sketch too, might have to have a go at that one! hugs Linda x

Poppy said...

gorgeous card,
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi
poppy