Tuesday, 11 May 2010

A Primrose for Spring.

Hiya folks!

Many apologies, but I haven't found the time to make anything for the new challenge at Tuesday Taggers this week, which is to 'Step out of your comfort zone'. Frankly, I would have been at a loss with that one anyway, as I would have had to spend loads of money going 'out of my zone'. Being a mainly digital person I don't have too many supplies besides embellies. No fancy inks, just the cheapy ones from Tesco or bargain basement rubbish, or black. I did invest in a couple of blacks as I am just emerging from the rubbah avoidance cocoon I have lived in for a few years! LOL

I have however made this little set, a card and matching envelope. Still practising with the template I got from Priscilla at Midnight Madness, so I suppose you could say I am 'out of my zone' with this. Must get some 12x12" card to make them from, so much easier than fiddling around with A4 sizes and cutting out bits. So I am sort of with you girls!!



The papers I have used here are all from Tinker & Co, 'Vintage Dressmaker'. I also used some for the punched flower shapes here. I am following a sketch from MAWTT for my card layout, which has loads of flowers on it. I turned it sideways to fit the image:


I chose to complement them with my own flower image too, of some Primroses this time. Yes, I know it's a bit late for primroses where you guys are, but they were soooo late this season here in NE Scotland, and have only just finished flowering here! This image is available for purchase in my shop, Delicious Doodles.


I have coloured it in with my watercolour pencils. Shall I let you into a secret? Well, it isn't really, as I have mentioned it before. If you want your colours to be nice and vibrant, and merge together well, try what I do. Print you image out as large as you can and then colour in. If you have a scanner, scan in the coloured version, then you can twiddle with it like I do until you are happy with the result. Then you print it out as many times as you like at the right size for the 3 dimensional layering. You'll find the colours look so much better too, especially if you print onto some glossy photo paper.


For my bling, I have added some little sticky backed half pearls in the flower centres, and a couple of larger pearly brads to follow the sketch in each corner. I am entering this into a couple of other challenges too (no surprise there then). At DU2DS there is an 'Open' theme, at Totally Gorjuss there is a colour theme of 'Pink and Green', at Bee Crafty, the theme is 'New Things' (new image and new season!), and at SCSC there is a recipe to follow - 3 embellies (pearls, brads, punched flowers), 2 DP's and 1 image.

Hope you guys get a chance to play at Tuesday Taggers this week. . .

12 comments:

Ildiko said...

Fab set Teri. Sorry have not kept my promis. Been so busy having dad here for almost 3 weeks plus got to do some samples again. In the last 3 month I hardly know if I'm a girl or a boy lol
hugs
Ildiko

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Teri this project is stunning I love those flowers and the colours wonderful work.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Poppet said...

Beautiful primrose card Teri. You can't go wrong with a lovely bright flower whether it's in season or not. The box you have made to go with it is fab, I never seem to get sharp corners like you have. :-) xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning, Mmm must get a scanner too (more on the wish list!) so I can do that with my images. Love the primroses. Loads still out ion my neighbours gardens. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week, Hazelxoxo

Clare said...

Wow Teri your card and envelope is totally stunning. Big hugs Clare xxx

Sally H said...

Beautiful card, Teri! So pretty!

La Vikinga said...

Like them both!

You're talented!

Charlotta / La Vikinga

Clarky J said...

As always Teri this is stunning x and thanks for sharing one of your secrets x

Kim said...

I LOVE Primroses and yours is perfect, my favorite flower color, yellow! Fantasti job, my sweet friend!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

mulberry station said...

Wow, what can I say Teri! These are gorgeous!

thread-bare said...

Wow this is gorgeous. Thank you for joining in with my challenge over at MAWTT this week x Clare x

Chris said...

A gorgeous card and such a great image. Love your colouring and design and the pretty colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS. Chris :)