Friday, 28 May 2010

Fore! And Thanks Peeps. . .

Hiya folks!

Yet another wet and windy day here in NE Scotland, gets frustrating after a while. Soooo much to do in the garden, and it's either too cold, wet, windy or scorching to do it - lol. Never happy are we??

Well, I'd like to express my gratitude to all those folks who have ventured across to the Midnight Madness Challenge Blog to VOTE FOR ME!! Thank you all so much - I have gone past the TEN that I had hoped for - yeay!! Given up all hope of winning that award though, as the leader is well over 100 - boo-hoo. Never was any good at popularity contests. Should have been a vote for the best card rather than the person with most friends. I hated all that at school with house captains and all that crap. Still, it was nice to be recognised - thanks again all!!

Right, on to more pressing matters - lol. My card for today has been made with Father's Day in mind. Not sure whether to give this to my Dad yet. He likes his golf, but hasn't played it for a while as he got a bit miffed at his lack of talent, LOL. Might just make a cricket one yet. I think he still likes watching it. Never appealed to me all that sporty stuff, too busy crafting!!


I have used the sketch at Mojo Monday for this card. Thought it was about time I started playing there too when I can. The theme at I Love Digi is 'DAD' this week, so I'm entering that one too. There is a theme of 'Monotone' at Totally Papercrafts, and as mine is mostly green, I am going to enter there as well.


I have used a plaid paper background in a tint and as full colour. This I have had on the compy since the year dot and can't for the life of me think where it came from. I have also used a tartan that has been scanned in and made greyscale for me to change the colour whenever I want to. The dotty backing is from Funky Hand.


My image is my own design, which I have now loaded onto my shop, Delicious Doodles. It is a Golf Ball and Tee, which I printed out three times, coloured with my watercolour pencils and layered up with foam pads. The brad and ribbon are from my stash.


OK then folks, off now to start doing the kids some tea. Pizza, Garlic Bread and Chips tonight, followed this evening by some yummy but very naughty nibbles in the shape of Pringles and Doritos!! Lovely and healthy - LOL

13 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi hun

Nice play on words, and a fab card. thanks for playing along at I Love Digi. Look forward to seeing you again.

Hugs Ali x

PS I voted for you

Lynda said...

This is fabulous Teri - great image you've created and I do love how you've added the sentiment.

Love Lynda xxx

Sally H said...

Wonderful image Teri, and a superb card. Love the green and white x

Kim said...

Teri, This is such a fabby card "fore" a golfing dad! I simply adore it! Those greens in the papers are yummy! I love it! Do you have anything baseball?
blessings,
Kim xXx

Andrea Ewen said...

Great card, love that mix of patterned papers, they all go so well together! And that sentiment rocks!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I love all the decoupage and your colouring is fab :-) I would never have thought to make a sentiment like that ,,, have no idea about golf ,,,,!! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

joey said...

Hiya Teri hun

fabulous card clever sentiment. Thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey.x

Annika said...

Your colouring is just amazing and the layout works so perfectly! What a lovely balance of embellies and beautiful colours. Gorgeous card!

Stay strong and crafty!
Hugs
Annika

Crafting Joanne said...

Fabulous card Terri, i love the decoupaged golfing image, perfect for many men. Love all the greens too.

Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts.

Hugs

Joanne x

Paul said...

Great card. I like the topper you created. Good luck with all the challenges and thanks for joining in with the fun at I Love Digi.
Paul

Emma said...

Fabulous card Teri, love the image and brilliant sentiment.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Elaine said...

What a gorgeous card Teri, such a fab image too :)

Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi this week :)

Elaine x

Sprytebyrd said...

Wonderful card! Great image, now if only I knew a golfer! :)
Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi! I hope to see you again soon!
Dee (Spryte)