Wednesday, 5 May 2010

The Creative Cottage - Food and Drink

Hiya folks!

Well, here we are at another Wednesday, crickey they are flying by aren't they?!! Time for a new theme at The Creative Cottage Challenge Blog. And this week we want to see some yummy creations featuring 'Food and Drink'.

Just so happens that I have used the same kit for my card that you could win as the prize - 'Something Sweet':


I have used some papers from 'Home Sweet Home' too, just seemed to go so well together! I have followed the sketch over at Midnight Madness for my layout on this card:


The tag proved a bit of a challenge, as I think I may have used one that is too large for the design. Should have done a smaller version me thinks. . . Ah well, done now. My flower at the bottom is made using scraps of (hopefully) matching card from my bits box.


My original card on the Creative Cottage Blog I realised was unfinished when I looked at it. The sketch required some other little bits that I have now added, in the shape of a pearly brad, and a sticky backed pearl. That ribbon on the left is actually a recycled bit from a Christmas card I recieved. 'Nice ribbon' I thought. 'I'll keep that. Might come in handy one day.' And it has! My other brown ribbon is from my stash.


The tag is made using more of the papers from both kits, and I used my sizzix tags die to cut them out. The sentiment is computer generated. Sparkly ribbon again from the stash, attached with another pearly brad. Last thing I did was to sprinkle some clear glitter over the layered up Cupcakes. Good enough to eat huh? YUM. . .


I am entering this into a couple of other challenges too - hope you don't mind girls?? First at Crafty Catz where the theme is 'Spots'. Then at Rosie Dee where the theme is 'So Yummy', and then at Digital Tuesday where their theme is also 'Food and Drink'.

Mmmm . . . hungry now. . . off to get coffee and biscuits - yum-yums!

19 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Teri - this is just YUMBLY!! I love those cupcakes, they are gorgeous and you have used such delish colours - I am loving this Teri!
We are so glad you could join us for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge Blogaversary Celebrations! There is so much happening this month - we would love to see you next week - we are having a DANCE PARTY so get out your dancing shoes and get ready to 'kick up your heels' and shake your 'bootie'...
(_|_)(_\_)(_|_)(_/_)(_|_)(_\_)(_|_)(_/_)
LOL! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Rebekah said...

Gorgeous card Teri and I love those little tags! So Cute hugs Rebekah x

mulberry station said...

What darling cupcakes! Love how you have used your ribbon and the sprinkles on the cupcakes makes you want to take a big bite out of them. Yummm.

Poppet said...

Great card Teri, the cupcakes look delicious. Love the sentiment on the tags.
:-) xx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

YUMMO ... I'll take one of those cupcakes! What a clever, creative, cute cards!! You really ROCKED these challenges girlie!! Well done my friend!!

Kim said...

YUMMY!!!! The colors are delish, the frosting is good enough to eat, simply scrumptious! Love it, as always!
Blessings,
kim xXx

Saskia said...

Hello Teri!

How are you!? Sorry I've been away for some time, but now, I'm back! :)
Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's Challenge with your yummy card, I love it!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Carol said...

Teri this looks so yummy and delicious. No calories either...my type of Birthday cake!!! lol Love your colors and embellishments...simply delightful. What an awesome tribute to our Anniversary. Thank you so much for playing along this week in our Blogaversary Sketch Challenge. Be sure to check back for the whole month of may for more fun happenings during our celebration.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Becky said...

Oh wow Teri!
I never noticed the tags before, that's such a fab idea (I know you followed the sketch, but still a great idea!!)
I adore this card, there's so much going on you could look at it forever!!
xx

carol said...

oh Yummy card, looks just perfect,thankyou for sharing your creation with Craftycatz, x carol

Priscilla said...

OMG Teri, this is just YUMMY :) lOVE your colors and everything about it my friend...{{{clap clap clap}} well done. Congratulations..you little Princess you :) Ok, here is a heads up and a personal invitation to our PARTY :)
Where: MMSC53 Post
When: Next Tuesday May 11th
Theme: Dance Party
We are celebrating next week with a Dance Party? Do you have the moves? Better get that Party dress out of the Dry Cleaners and dust off those dancing shoes.
Party will last all week and we will have a Dance contest, door prizes, best dress etc. Don’t miss out on all the fun and be sure to loosen up those hips. Oh and it’s BYOB (Bring your own bootie) lol {{Shake}}(_|_)(_\_)(_|_){{shake}} (_/_)(_|_)(_\_)(_|_)(_/_){{skake}}your bootie.
Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Suzie McFloozy said...

MMMMMMMMMM me hungry !
Love it - they look truly mouthwatering !
Great job again Teri xx
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Mervi said...

Hei Teri, your card is so delicious, now I really need some coffee and yummies!
Thanks for sharing this with us
at Rosie D's Challenge, good luck;-))m

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning dear Teri, and wow what a totally fabulous card, those cupcakes are amongst my favourites, sooooooo yummy. I am sorry its been a while since i visited, i dont know where the time goes, im constantly playing catch up at the moment. I hope to get on top of things by the end of the weekend. You've been so busy since my last visit with lots of gorgeous cards hunny. Enjoy your day, hugs Linda x

tracy said...

gorgeous card Teri love all the detail and fab layout, the tags are such a good idea.
hugs
Tracy x

Jackie said...

Your cupcakes look good enough to eat!Thank you for joining in with the Rosie-D challenge this week :)

Wedgie said...

I love this card Teri - its gorgeous! Love the colours and the cupcakes!

Wedgie xxx

Tracy said...

Delicious creation, Fab entry, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Primitive Paper said...

Such a yummy creation!!! I love what you did with the double cupcakes. Thanks for joining us this week for our sketch challenge. Hope to see you again! Tracy, MMDT