Wednesday, 19 May 2010

The Creative Cottage - Boys

Hiya folks!

What a wonderful Wednesday morning here in NE Scotland. Can't believe it - two nice days in a row! Maybe we will get a summer this year. . .LOL

Wednesday means a new theme at The Creative Cottage, and this time we want to see 'One for the Boys'. For my card I used one of The Creative Cottage Christmas kits - Robbie and Roxanne - as there are just the right colours for boys. I followed a sketch from Friday Sketchers for my layout:


I am using one of my images, the Cruise Liner Ship, available in my shop Delicious Doodles, which I coloured with watercolours and ink (for the black).


Then I scanned it in and printed 3 times on glossy paper. I cut it out and layered with foam pads. This fits the theme at Pixie Dust this week, as they want us to 'Cut It Out'. I also cut some triangles from the spare papers and made some bunting (sorry Boni, but I 'cased' your boat card here, LOL) This fits the challenge at Daring Cardmakers who want us to use 'bunting', and also fits the theme at SSDS which is 'Masculine'.


Can't wait to see all your 'boys' projects. You could be the winner of a lovely paper kit from The Creative Cottage if you take part this week, or you might get picked as our favourite! So, let's see all those creations folks!

16 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Mrs. Doodles, you have rocked all these challenges! First, your boat is WOW~~~those dps are rocking and I love the "bunting". FAbby guy card. I may have to "case" this one from you (wink)
Enjoy your beautiful day!
blessings,
Kim xXx

Lana said...

Great card and the ship really pops off your card.
Thank yo for joining the pixies
Lana x

Donna said...

Amazing card Teri and such a fab image :) Donna x

Nicola said...

Brilliant card Teri and what a fab image - love how you have popped this up. Your papers are gorgeous and the bunting is the perfect finishing detail.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Lynda said...

Oh I absolutely love it Teri - your ship is amazing and the bunting is just perfect. Thanks for joining in with us at DCM.

Love Lynda xxx

Bonibleaux Designs said...

I so love this ship LOL I wanna go on a cruise now thank you very much! So festive!

Saskia said...

Great card Teri!!

Saskia :)

Sally H said...

Fabulous! Makes me think of seaside holidays!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Fabulous card for a man. great sentiment too.

Hugs Ali x

Wedgie said...

Wow Teri! What a fab card! Would never of thought to use a boat, it looks brilliant!

Wedgie xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Teri this is brilliant that boat looks like it is coming out the card this is one fabulous design
Hugs
Lorraine x

Cat said...

What a creative card! Love the banner hanging over the ocean liner! Thanks for joining us at Pixie Dust this week!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Teri, wow you've been busy again since I last visited! i can hardly keep up with you these days. Loving your card and the wonderful sketch this week at Friday sketchers! hope you have a fabulous day hugs Linda x

Jeanette said...

Fantastic card! Love it!
Thank you for joining us this week at the Friday Sketchers Challenge!
hugs Jeanette :)

Kim E said...

Wow! This ship is amazing. It looks like it is coming right off the card. Awesome job! Thanks for playing with us at SSDS. Hugs, Kim

Jo said...

This is gorgeous. Love the ship and of course the bunting is brilliant!
jo x