Monday, 17 May 2010

Crafters Companion - sketch

Hiya folks.

Hope you had a lovely weekend. Mine was hectic. Had a craft fair on Saturday so that was that day gone with no crafting. Sunday was a rush job to get three cards done and some gardening as well as the sunday roast and washing. The neighbours annoyed me by starting a blooming bonfire just over the wall from me. Halfway through drying the kids school clothes too. I could have said a few words, but chose to be diplomatic and just left it, and to top it off, my tumble dryer is knackered so I had to call out a fix-it man (hope he's butch. . .)

Right on to my first card for today, which is my DT piece for It's A Crafters Companion Challenge Blog. This week is a sketch for you:


I have used papers and elements from Popcorn Bear Flowers for this card, teamed with my own image of a Squirrel, available for purchase from my shop Delicious Doodles. I coloured him with my watercolour pencils. No layering here for a change.


For my hidden element I have placed the sentiment on a panel underneath the image which you lift up to reveal. Almost messed up that bit too, as when I came to lift up the flap it wouldn't open up all the way, so I had to reposition the foldy bit without ripping it all to shreds - fiddly!!


Can't wait to see what you all come up with for your hidden elements. . .

6 comments:

Pascale said...

Hi Teri this is a fantastic card I love your take on the sketch. An adorable image you have created too. I also love the secret flap fantastic. I adore the Popcorn bear backing papers too xx Hugs Pascale

Lynda said...

Another cute image and those papers are really gorgeous - love daisies! The sentiment is perfct and I love the font - is it a stamp or computer generated?

Love Lynda xxx

Bonibleaux Designs said...

too CUTE!! LOL I'm always forgetting something these days. I'd need my sentiment to say "Ah NUTS I forgot ______________________(fill in the blank)!! LOL

Love this!

crafty amy said...

This is so cute I love the image he is adorable and great sentiment :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Sally H said...

I love it! Such a cute image and that sentiment in it's hidden flap is brilliant!

Christine said...

This is adorable Teri, well done. x