Saturday, 29 May 2010

Buttons and Blooms

Hiya folks!

A better day here today, at least it isn't raining! I have even seen the sun, albeit for a fleeting moment. . . LOL. I know the garden likes water, but BOY did it throw down yesterday afternoon!

Talking of gardens (tenuous link here lol) the theme over at Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge this week is 'Buttons and Blooms'. I hope I have done it justice with my DT piece. I am not a keen fan of using buttons on my cards.


So this time I have chosen not to use any images for a change, and opted purely to use up some of the blooms I have in my wee flowery bits box. I also had a sort out in the bottom of my wardrobe and found stuffed in a bag my old wedding day head-dress!! So after twenty years stuffed in a bag I decided to recycle it (don't tell the hubby!) So that is what you see here too in the shape of the leaves!!


My buttons are from my buttons box, the brown ones, and the wee spotty ones are from the local craft shop. I think they are Papermania ones. My ribbons are from my stash. I used some pearlescent coppery card for the base, cuttlebugged some green bazzill, sandpapered it and rubbed some copper metallic rub-on over it. The green paper with the MS border on it is from my stash, can't remember where it came from now. A few dots of stickles and job done! The piccie below is the card turned around on it's side, as I couldn't decide which was the better way round to have it. Looks good from both angles. . . what do you think?


So peeps, let's see all your buttons and blooms over at SCSC. Last chance to be in with this month's prize draw, so get those entries in!!

10 comments:

Donna said...

You've definitely done this challenge justice Teri...your card is absolutely stunning :) Donna x

Lynda said...

This is really pretty Teri - the flowers are gorgeous and the background is the perfect compliment. It's our turn for the rain today unfortunately.

Love Lynda xxx

Kim said...

YUMMY! I love the deep rich colors in it! The embossing and distressing is beautiful! Love it!!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Max said...

Beautiful card Teri. Your flowers are stunning and I love those chunky wooden buttons. Think I prefer the 2nd look with the buttons down the side.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Teri - love all the buttons! Great recycling job too...those leaves are perfect!
Helen x

mulberry station said...

Ohhh, I love your buttons Teri, Your card is stunning!

Sally H said...

Just Gorgeous! Fabulous job, hun x

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Teri. I love the embossing and the flower arrangement.
Welcome to the team :)
Hugs
Cathy xx

tracy said...

this is gorgeous Teri love the colour combo and those stunning flowers. hugs Tracy x

Mel X said...

Hiya Teri, fantastic job with the challenge hun. Very imaginative and creative.

Welcome to the team chuck, looking forward to working with you.

Mel X