Saturday, 22 May 2010

A Bit of News. . .!

Hiya folks! Happy Saturday!

Well it is for me today, as I have some exciting (for me) news I have been itching to share. I had an email a couple of weeks ago asking if I would like to join the ladies at the Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge, so I thought long and hard - for about 30 seconds LOL - and said YES!! So here I am with my first DT piece for them! YEAY

This week's theme has been set by Donna, and is to NOT use any patterned papers - eeek! So out came the good old big shot and the cuttlebug folders and my bits box, and this is what I created:


Sorry folks, but it's another mainly purple card - you may have guessed that I kinda like purple LOL.

I have teamed up my textured, inked and sanded card bits with one of my images, the Hydrangea, available in my shop Delicious Doodles. This was coloured with my usual watercolour pencils and then scanned into the computer and printed three times onto glossy paper, cut out and decoupaged with foam pads.


I have used a Martha Stewart border punch for the centre strip and covered the strip with some organza ribbon, topped with some silver metallic ribbon and inked the edges here too. Last thing was the organza bow (hand-tied) and the wee gems for a bit of bling. The whole lot is mounted onto some white linen textured cardstock with green inked edges.

Now let's see what you can do peeps! Head over to the Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge for some more fab inspiration from my newest DT sisters! Have a great weekend all. . .

14 comments:

Saskia said...

Congratulations Ter! You're soooo talented!!

Gorgeous card!!

Sunny greetings,
Saskia :)

Poppet said...

Beautiful card Teri. The colours are fantastic and the colouring is perfect. :-) xx

Dragonlady said...

Congratulations on the DT post Teri, well deserved I must say. Gorgeous card and love the purple cardstock.

Hugs Ali x

Kate T said...

Gorgeous card, I can almost pick them !

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous card Teri, looking forward to seeing more of your creations for SCSC! Congrats on joining the DT, Jo x

{Jane} said...

Fabulous card Teri and wonderful to have you with us

Hugs Jane x

Helen said...

Welcome to the SCSC team Teri - great to have you with us!
Gorgeous card - love the colour...and the embossing looks fab!
Helen x

Sally H said...

Beautiful card and huge congratulations to you hun! You deserve it!

mulberry station said...

Congrats Teri, you so deserve this! Beautiful card! Love the hydrangea.

LINDA said...

WOW!! Simply stunning..your cards are always so amazingly beautiful..Love it..Congrats on the DT position..Very well deserved!!
Hugs, Linda

Becky said...

Congratulations on your great news Teri but I'm not at all surprised, your cards are always so gorgeous!!
xx

Kim said...

Woot Tooot for your new DT....you so deserve it! I love this purple card!!!! So fresh and summery....I can almost smell that beautiful hydrangea! I love purple too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Teri a big congratulations on your DT and what a wonderful card this is that embossing it fabby and that Hydrangea is totally awesome.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning card Teri and so pretty...welcome to the team...I think we are following each other around lol! :) Donna x