Friday, 9 April 2010

A Vintage Car

Hiya folks!

Hope you are all well this fine Friday? Just got back from my local craft shop after spending a fortune - didn't get much either!! That's the price of punches for you. . . Bought myself a Martha Stewart border punch and an EK Success large flower, one of those slimline ones. HOW MUCH??!!!

Right, I've calmed down a bit now, so here I am with a card for the Men-folk. I have followed the sketch at Totally Gorjuss for this card - hope the ladies there don't mind a man-card. . .?


I have used my digital image of a Vintage Car for this one, coloured with my usual watercolour pencils and layered with foam pads. This is available for purchase in my shop:


The ribbon is from the stash, as are the brads. They aren't on the sketch, but I felt it needed an extra something. Being made of metal they should fit OK with the theme at DU2DS this fortnight as it is 'Metal'. And the theme at A Spoon Full of Sugar is 'Men/Boys', so this is fine for that one too. The background is from a sheet of car images I had that I scanned in and made into a tint with the compy. I have inked the edges too just to take the stark edges off.


In the circle there is also a faint tinted image, this time from a photo of the Jaguar that you get on the bonnet/hood of these cars sometimes. I haven't put one on my image though, as it would have been very small and fiddly!


Right, still needing to finish my DT work for next week, then off to think about tea for the kids - oh the joys!!

11 comments:

Elborgi said...

wow- thats really nice card!
Elma

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
What a fabulous man card. The car is fantastic and the images in the background really compliment everything else. Greatr work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lisa Foster said...

OMG TERI!! This is GORJUSS! What an awesome card! What an awesome image! Did you hear my jaw hitting the floor? WOW! I LOVE it!
Hugs,
Lisa

Sally H said...

Teri, it's wonderful! I too have been crafty shopping and spent too much, although I've put it away for my Birthday - still feeling guilty about the crayons! I'm off to do some DT stuff too. Trying to get a bit ahead of myself - this next half term is a bit of a tough one with things happening at work x

LINDA said...

Oh Teri, This is a fantastic guy card.. Love it!!
Hugs, Linda

craftymum said...

I think this might be the first mens card we have had!
Thanks for joining us at TG
this week
Love sarah XXX

Toneloni * Tonje said...

WOW Love this cool car!

Beautiful card. Love the image

Thanks for playing with us at A Spoon Full of Sugar

Hugs
Tonje

freckleface said...

great mans card..thanks for joining us at TG this week...debsx

Kat said...

Great card Teri. We don't mind a man's card at all, especially one as nice as this. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Kim said...

Fantastic masculine card. My Honeybee loves the car! I do too. I really love what you did with it popping off the page! Another winner, sweet friend!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Really, really cool GUY card!! That car is driving right off the card ...; how'd you do that! AMAZING!