Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Tuesday Taggers - Memories

Hiya folks!

Hope your day is going well. We have a new theme at Tuesday Taggers, which has been set by our lovely Michelle, and it is 'Memories'. 'Oh, great' I thought when I saw it. 'What the heck can I do with that?' Had to have a huge brain-racking session which took all week - honestly! I finally resorted to mooching through my old photo albums, in particular the one which has the honeymoon photos in it, and happened across the photo I have used here.

Trouble is, the photo was sitting on the worktop looking at me for ages saying 'What you gonna do now then?' Monday morning came and went. Did the weekly shop, defrosted the freezer, kids came home from school. Then I got round to looking at the sneak peak on Midnight Madness, and it all clicked - phew!! So I followed their sketch for this card:


I love the heather in this photo, but haven't got that particular colour in my stash, so I used the next best colour, which happened to be the one they use to make these sprigs of fake heather, purple. What do you know, purple is my most fav colour! So I have used shades of purple here. The frame is my frameabilities die - used it twice in two days, can't be bad! I have edged it with some purple ink using a dauber. I embossed some dark purple bazzil with a swirly cuttlebug folder, and mounted it all on some lilac cardstock from the local craft shop. The photo was scanned into the compy, then I placed a swirly corner image on top of it before printing out.


The heather sprigs have been lounging around in my flowery bits box for years, so I dusted them off and added a couple of thistle bits to it. Then I used some ribbon from my stash and hand-tied two bows, one for the top of the card, the other for on top of the sprig. Last thing was to add some stickles round the frame, and some little gems for a bit of bling.


Just happens this also fits a couple of other challenges too, well that bit was planned really as I was looking at my list of challenges when I was making it! At Polka Doodles they want to see 'Monotone', and at Raise The Bar their theme is 'Use your favourite colour'.

Hope you guys don't find it as difficult as I did to figure out something for our theme this week. If you want more inspiration, then head over to Tuesday Taggers, some fabulous pieces there. AND you could win the voucher from The Craft Barn who is our sponsor this week, fab!

19 comments:

Clarky J said...

Wow Teri I love it! So this i you and OH? what a fabulous anniversary card that would make. I love the colours too perfect with the Heather!

PatR said...

Wow teri what a fabulous card and such an fantastic setting. Love it!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Teri - you amaze me every week - this is gorgeous - I love the photo and the way you have used the layout! Your swirl is perfect and those flowers divine - they are perfect with the Heather!! The embossing adds such great texture - love this Teri! It is great having you play along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we would love to see you back again next week for our Anniversay celebrations!! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

~Heidi~ said...

This is a beautiful picture card!! I love it!

Carol said...

Teri this is an incredible contribution to the sketch challenge this week. What a beautiful photograph, and your embellishments and frame are perfect. I cannot take my eyes off of it!!! Thanks so much for playing along in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Hope to see you again soon and good luck with the prize drawing.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Sally H said...

Stunning! What a wonderful way to present such a beautiful photo! I'm really looking forward to having a play with my new digistamps, but seem to be so busy at work at the moment x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is just gorgeous Teri and of course my favorite color too! Great job of covering the challenges! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar! Another BEAUTY my friend!!

Christina C. said...

This is just precious Teri. I love your interpretation of the sketch...very creative! Beautiful job!

Kim said...

OMG, I so love the purples! That photo is so lovely! Great way to remember the honeymoon. Your little swirl and heather are just divine!
blessings,
Kim xXX

Priscilla said...

What a wonderful LO. I love the colors (purple..I am drooling) and your take on the sketch. I think it is awesome how this all came together..If you wait long enough, that normally happens..You have not idea how many times I have picked up something and tried to force it on a project and it just would not work..THEN..Wah La..the perfect project appears and it all falls in place. What a lovely picture and you will cherish this for a long time :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Remember to get a head start on next weeks sketch by taking a sneak peek at the next sketch on Friday. We don’t want you to miss out on all the fun we have planned for our Anniversary week/month. We appreciate our players so much and we will be showing that throughout the month of May :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Suzie McFloozy said...

Teri this is STUNNING - what a beautiful keepsake.
The colours work so well with your photo and I love the heather - like a memento beside your photo.
How romantic x
((hugs)) Suzie

Kerry said...

Such a lovely card, so romantic. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles.

Toucan Scraps said...

beautiful frame

Primitive Paper said...

Beautiful Card and such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us this week over at Midnight Madness. Would love to see what you come up with for next weeks sketch. Tracy, MMDT

katesacraftybugger said...

Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles, this is stunning ,

Nettie said...

This is gorgeous. One of my favourite colours.x

Kris L said...

Just beautiful Teri. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Teri!! I just love your colors, the gorgeous photo, the frame, and the floral details!!! Awesome take on the MMSC.

Fliss said...

Wow! A really stunning card Teri.
Really lovely card.
Thanks for entering the Polka Doodles Monochrome challenge.
x