Sunday, 25 April 2010

Totally Gorjuss Goth


Hiya folks.
Had the chance to play today, hoorah! I found the GorjussArt website yesterday, and discovered they are doing digital images and backings - yeay! So I spent yet more money that I don't have (oops!) and bought some stuff. Couldn't resist the little Goth girl, me being a closet Goth and all. . .
***EDIT - Gorjuss got in touch with me to say that their digital items are NOT to be printed - they are to remain in digital format only and NOT to be made into anything physical***
Pointless or what??

So I got to playing a few challenges too. Staring with the sketch, which is from Friday Sketchers. Haven't been there for a few weeks now and wanted to do their sketch this week:



I am also playing at Totally Gorjuss as they want to see a Gorjuss Girl on your project. I didn't think I would be able to as I didn't own any Gorjuss Girls images until I bought these - thanks for the link ladies!! I am also entering this into the challenge at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and Crafty Creations, as they are both wanting 'distressing' this week.


This was such a yummy card to make. I printed one of the backing papers onto cardstock, then printed off some others and tore the edges for the distressing bit. Then I inked all the edges. I used some extra bits for the flower, and I sanded the edges of the petals to distress that too. Took a little liberty with the sketch, and there weren't any added bits for flowers or bling, but I wanted to dress it up some. There isn't anything for the border I put across either, but I wanted to hide the edges of the DP's behind the main image.


I have raised the image too on some more backing. This was all printed onto glossy card for a richer colour. I have cut an extra girl image and raised that as well. Last was all the bling. Brads from the stash, mirri board, ribbon from stash, and spider charm from local craft shop. Just love how this came together, a small flash of inspiration. . . Just noticed how incredibly dark the blue came out in these pics, it is actually more of a deep aqua blue colour, ah well . . .

15 comments:

darcy48 said...

Hiya Terri I love your card with the lovely dark blues and the image you have used is cute x

maranda said...

hi teri, what a gorgeous card, it's beautifull.
hugs maranda

tracy said...

WOW Teri this card is stunning i really LOVE it going to have to pop over and take a look at that site, i feel a shopping trip coming on. thanks for the fabulous inspiration and link! hugs Tracy x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Stunning card, just love the deep blue/purple colour and the image is so brilliant - can you tell I like the card!!!!

Hugs Ali x

Sally H said...

Fabulous card. I love that sentiment!

Poppet said...

Great card Teri, the skull backing paper is awesome, I have a friend who would love this. :-) xx

mulberry station said...

Teri, your cards are beautiful....even when they are goth.

amanda stokes said...

Absolutely gorgeous GG card!
thanks for playing along at Totally Gorjuss this week
hugs amanda xx

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week in our Distressing challenge! Fabulous card Teri - going to have to take a peek at that site....didn't know they were now doing digi - thanks for that! Cheers Claire x

coldwaters2 said...

This is fabulous Teri I love this 'Goth' Gorguss card the colours, flower and image are wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Suzie said...

Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at TG this week. Suzie x

Squirrel x said...

Amazing work Teri, really pretty, thank you so much for playing along at Totally Gorjuss this week. Squirrel xx

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous card, fab image.
luv
Debby

shelly said...

oh my this card rocks! love the image colors the sentiment ( even tho i love pink ) everything! thanks so much for sharing over at craftycreations.

Pipaiita/Carita said...

OMG I laughed so hard when I saw this!! What a perfect card for non-pink-lovers :D