Monday, 19 April 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Wonderland

Hiya folks!

I do hope you have all had a wonderful weekend with glorious weather. Not so great here in N.E. Scotland. We had sleet and hail yesterday, and today it is so blooming cold again, they are talking of more snow tonight - aaarghhh!!

Sorry about being MIA the last few days, but I'm afraid this card set me back a bit and I needed to catch up on such a lot of stuff that I decided to take a break from posting every day. But I'm back now!!

The new theme for this week from Sweet Pea Stampers is 'Wonderland', and the DT have been using mostly Alice in Wonderland images. I have used a decoupage sheet made by the lovely Amy at The Crafty Purple Frog for my card, and I think I may have gone rather overboard with the embellies on this one! No wonder it took me so long to make it.

Alice: Would you tell me please, which way I ought to go from here?
Cheshire Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.

 I started off thinking - 'I know, I'll make a gatefold card', which progressed into a kind of 3d affair as I wanted some depth, and wanted to create an air of mystery. Not sure if that part worked or not. . . Anyway, I printed my cardstock using Tinker & Co backing paper, and cut holes to get a window effect. I found a quote from Alice in Wonderland, which just fits this image perfectly! This was printed onto the cardstock as well. I cut out the layers of the decoupage image and stuck them onto acetate and placed them in the windows of the card. Then I started on the embellies. . .

Alice: I don't much care where -
Cheshire Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.

Many, many die-cut leaves and ferns, and punched out flowers, butterflies and dragonflies later I stuck them round the windows to try and re-created a forest wonderland. I used loads of scraps here, and glitter card. Then I got the mini gems out and used far too many of those too!! THEN after all that, I decided the inside of the two sides were very plain, so out came all the bits and bobs again, and I decorated those too.

Alice: - so long as I get somewhere.
Cheshire Cat: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough.

Like I said, may have gone a bit overboard here. I do hope it works though, what do you think?? Maybe I should have stuck to just an ordinary card. . .

OK, I think I will enter this into another challenge too. At Raise the Bar this week, the theme is 'Movies', so this fits that one brilliantly. I haven't played there for a couple of weeks, so thought their challenge enables me to have a go this time.

Right folks, that's it for a bit, but I'll be back later with some Crafter's Companion stuff for you. . .

13 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

That's what I call raising the bar.
Another stunning creation hun, th eflowers framing the images are fabulous. Great, gorgeous etc etc.

Hugs Ali x

blackdragon said...

Everything you make Terry is totally magical and this tops the lot... fantastic, wonderful, fabulous.... ohhhhhhhh you make me soooooooo green!
Weather here isnt to good either... come on spring its been a long winter!
LOVE HUGS AND MUSHY STUFF!
lynx

Pascale said...

Love love love it hun it is glorious and so fab for this weeks theme Hugs Pascale x

Andria said...

Fantastic work, very inspirational.

Andria said...

Fantastic work, very inspirational.

Kim said...

OMG Teri, this is just STUNNING!!!! My mouth is still on the floor! Just stunning, your Sweet Pea image is incredible and I love all the flower embellies!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sally H said...

Wow! This is stunning!

Poppet said...

This card is amazing Teri, all that effort was worth it. Make sure this goes to someone special. :-) xx

Lynn said...

This card is truly AWESOME..I just love those beautiful colours that have blended together so well.. And of course purple is my fav colour too! Fantastic!!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Holly Molly ... where do you get all these FANTASTIC ideas? This is AMAZING and yes, perfect for our challenge!! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar this week! FAB JOB HUN!!!

Bonibleaux Designs said...

OMG Teri this is stunning and I love that you inserted the Alice in Wonderland dialogue!!! FABULOUSO!!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Teri this is just amazing what a gorgeous creation no wonder you had to take time out to complete it the attention to detail and the wonderful image is awesome.
Hugs
Lorraine x

~*Joni said...

Oh Teri - no such thing as overboard when it comes to crafting! LOVE this! And to be honest, I am not a die hard Alice fan (I know! Don't throw tomatoes at me!!!) but I love this card. Wonderful job Teri, thank you so much for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!