Monday, 26 April 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Under the sea

Hiya folks.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was uneventful, apart from having to drive to Inverness with hubby to buy a van for him to get to his new job. Don't know if anyone remembers a little while back that I mentioned he wasn't sure if his job would last very long? Well, things were so iffy there that he decided to quit anyway. He was lucky enough to find a new job within hours of deciding to do so!! If that was me I'd have been looking for ever. . .

So, my card for today then is my DT piece for Sweet Pea Stampers. Our theme this week is 'Under The Sea'. How easy is that then, with all those Mermaid images available?? I have used a lovely image I found on Ching Chou Kuik's own website, and it is a freebie colouring image. I used my watercolour pencils for this one. Really must invest in some markers. Can't seem to keep inside the lines with these pencils.


I wanted to steer away from a card this week, and decided to decorate a picture frame that I had under my drawing board for months. It was a plain black box frame with cream mounting board. I covered it with some 'Paper Perfect' by DecoArt, which is a paint that looks like handmade paper. Lovely texture when it dries. I covered this with all sorts of goodies from an old pot-pourri selection, bits of flower, funny round things that look like wheels, a couple of rosebuds and petals. I also bought a wee kids bead kit that had shell shapes in it, as I couldn't get down to the beach to collect my own. So I used these too. Then I painted everything with white acrylic paint, then used coloured acrylics here and there to try and match the inky colours I had used for the mount. Hope it works. . .


Last thing I did was bling it up a bit with a frame cut with a frameability die, a few punched flowers and coloured stickles. I am entering this into a few challenges too, so here goes:

Daring Cardmakers - 'Die Cuts' (frameability die)
Bee Crafty - 'Holes' (Aperture for picture, and all the holes in the shells)
Fab 'n' Funky - 'Use Old Stuff' (Frame and pot-pourri)

Can't wait to see what you ladies come up with for our 'Under The Sea' theme this week. Don't forget you could win a stamp from Sweet Pea Stamps, and you could also be entered for our 'Card of the month' prize too. Head over to Sweet Pea Stampers for more info, and some more fabulous DT inspiration.

13 comments:

Pascale said...

Wow hun a fantastic project. I like the effect of the colouring it looks enchanting hugs Pascale

Becky said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning Teri! I adore the frame!!
xx

Tineke said...

Wow, love this! All the little datails on your card are just perfect. I love the sea colors you used.
Tineke=)

Tineke said...

I forgot to say thank you for joining us at SSDS this week :)

Poppet said...

This is a beautiful project Teri, the colours you have used are perfect for this image.
The seashells really finish off the frame edge. :-) xx

JAN said...

wow i was blown away by your project absolutly wonderful..hugs janet

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Teri this is awesome creation a wonderful work of art it is so beautiful I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kim said...

Teri,
This is fantastic! I love altered frames! These soft colors are sea like! The punch around the image is just perfect and the border of shells is brilliant! Love it, and your new doodles too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

LINDA said...

Absolutely Gogreous!!I love everything about this creation!!
Very lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

andrea said...

gorgeous project love all the detail thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Anne said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to get around Teri - busy week (for a change!! LOL!) Your card is absolutely stunning - I forgot all about those freebie pages so thanks for the reminder! I LOVE all your finishing touches around the edge! Gorgeous!! Hugs xx

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Hi Teri!! What a gorgeous frame!! I love all the fabulous detail!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Bee Crafty!!
Sheri-Bee Crafty DT

Bee said...

Lovely project, beautifully made with great colours. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)