Monday, 12 April 2010

Sweet Pea Stampers - Acetate

Hiya folks!

Hope you all had a smashing weekend - I did. The sun was actually shining for a change and I got to tidy my garden and enjoy all the spring daffodils. Boy is our season late this year, we are normally onto the bluebells by now!!

My card for today then, is my DT offering at Sweet Pea Stampers, a challenge blog especially dedicated to images from Sweet Pea Stamps. I have fallen in love with the gorgeous images from Ching-Chou Kuik, and have invested in some rubbah for the first time ever!! Don't know what I will do with them when they get here, so I may need some advice from you lot out there - I have not used rubbah very often, except for the odd sentiment or freebie in a magazine, so it'll all be new to me, and rather exciting too!


Ah, I'm waffling. . . Back to the card. Our theme this week at Sweet Pea Stampers is to use some acetate on your creation. Now I wanted to print off a lovely image onto acetate, but however many times I tried, my printer just didn't want to know it, even though it was actual prinable acetate. Work that one out. . .??!! So instead of that I had to print out this sheet of Decoupage from The Crafty Purple Frog onto some glossy photo paper, and stuck that onto an acetate wrap, and onto the main card underneath it.


The backing is from Funky Fairies (no longer trading) and is printed onto the cardstock, along with a couple of fancy corners from a My Craft Studio cd. I have added a glitter pink bow, and a hug flower made with scraps of bazzill, and glitter board with some added stickles. I have also added stickles to the main image, as it just lends itself to some added glitz!


Now then, let's see what you lovelies can come up with using acetate. Why not nip across to Sweet Pea Stampers for some added inspiration from the fabulous DT. You could even win a prize this week, as we have a lovely stamp donated by Lynette at Sweet Pea Stamps up for grabs! We are also having a Card of the Month, which could win three stamps, so get those entries in folks!!

14 comments:

Debbie said...

A gorgeous Card Teri, I love how you have layered your image and the colours are beautiful.
Hugs
Debbie x

Clarky J said...

wowzers Teri this is gorgeous and what a fabulous image!

Becky said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous Teri, the image is stunning and I adore the colours!!
xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a beautiful card. I love the colours and the image is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Pascale said...

Hi Teri this is stunning hun and I love the layout. My printer does not like the acetate either I was trying to print something onto acetate for this theme and it would not let me do it so had to rethink completely. YOu will get hooked on rubbah believe me I only started using it reguarly about two years ago and have boxes of the stuff x Glad the weather has perked up for you too xxx I love woods filled with bluebells hugs Pascale

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Gorgeous card, Teri!! I love the fairy!! The pink is fabulous and I love the added sparkle!!

LINDA said...

OMGosh!!Another simply stunning card.. Beautiful image and colored to perfection.. Very lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Teri, hope your having a good day hunny, i love your card for this weeks Sweat Pea Challenge, absolutely love it, your image is stunning, hugs Linda x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Teri this is one amazing creation it is gorgeous the colours that image is just....wow

Hugs
Lorraine x

Kim said...

Teri,
This is just stunning! I've fallen for Sweet Pea since seeing you and Micki using them in such fabulous ways! I love what you did with this and the delightful rosy colors on here. Just smashing!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

tracy said...

wow this is stunning Teri, love the fabulous image and the design.
hugs
Tracy x

Rebekah said...

This is stunning Teri, the image is just beautiful. I can see I'm going to get hooked on these sweetpea images! hugs Rebekah x

Nicola said...

Hi Teri, I always love to view your decoupage as it is superb. This image is beautiful and your ribbon and floral detail is gorgeous. Another stunning creation sweetie.
You are making me homesick talking about the bluebells.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Micki said...

girl, I just knew you'd come up with awesome, fantastic creations! I just soooooo wish I could come and sit with you while you create.... oh that and rub your hand so that some of that creativity rub off on me :-).

Awesome awesome job. Love it!!!!

big hugs