Sunday, 11 April 2010

Spots and Stripes

Hiya folks,

Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Off outside in a bit to finish in the garden, so this is a brief post (I hope).

This card was made following a sketch at ICS, haven't played there in a few weeks, so thought I ought to try this time round:


At MAWTT the theme this week is to make an Easel card - these are so much fun to make - you should try it if you haven't already! At Cute Card Thursday the theme is 'Mono', so I chose Black and White to go with the image I am using, and at Charisma Cardz the theme is 'Thank You'.


I have used Zebra stripe papers by Gina Jane at Daisy Company for this card, along with some dotty backing that I keep as stock on the computer. I have used this dotty paper to make the flowers, along with some silver mirri and a wee bit of black from the bits box for the centres.

My image is a little Zebra, available for purchase in my shop


I have printed this out a few times and cut parts out for layering with foam pads. I layered the whole thing onto silver mirri to give it a lift. The edges of the card have been inked too, and on the inside. I used the 'Thank You' sentiment as a raised stopper and popped a couple of extra flowers there too.


Right, off to hang out the washing and do some more weeding, blooming things are taking over!!

14 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Teri this is stunning, I love the monotone look of the card and your flowers are amazing.
Once you have done your garden you could come down to me and do mine!!! Hee hee
Thanks for joining in with us oon MAWTT this week, Hazelxoxo

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is brilliant. I love the backing paper and the spotted papers are great. I love the flowers and the way you have alternated the papers in them. The wee zebra is magnificent.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kim said...

Oh my Teri Doodles,
My mouth is still upon the floor! I am sooooooo in love with this card, I love a beautiful zebra. It all began with the sweet little kids movie, Racing Stripes. This is gorgeous, your zebra is fab, and so are the yummy flowers!

Good luck in the blooms, I'm hitting my garden after the sun is out and warming things up a bit! Enjoy, sweet friend!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sally H said...

Wonderful card, Teri! Love it!

tracy said...

LOVE this card Teri that image is fabulous and those flowers gorgeous. really stunning work
hope your having a good weekend
hugs
Tracy x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Girlfriend! You never cease to AMAZE me! This is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! LOVE all the black & white and of course your image is just tooooooo cute!! Clever creation girlie ... thanks for sharing! You are such an inspiration!

Sue said...

Hi Teri
wow hun i luv this card, right up my street, stunning creation, sue,x

Mandy said...

Hey Teri, your card is stunning hun, love the sweet image, it's all perfect
hugs Mandy xx

Allison said...

wow, love it- the image is adorable
Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
AllisonX

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is so cute.
luv
Debby

Leanne said...

This is absolutely stunning!! I love it!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

Leanne xx

thread-bare said...

Oh wow this is just amazing. I just love the whole black & white colour combo you have created. Thank you for joining in with my challenge at MAWTT this week xx Clare x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Teri, I just love your easel card, fab image and love monotone, its one of my favs. Good luck hun, hugs Heidi MAWTT DT xxx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Teri, I just love your easel card, fab image and love monotone, its one of my favs. Good luck hun, hugs Heidi MAWTT DT xxx