Saturday, 10 April 2010

Sparkly Delphinium

Hiya folks!

It's the weekend, and the sun is out here in NE Scotland - yeay!! Need to go kill some weeds today, so I'll be doing that shortly.

My card for today has been made following this week's sketch at Midnight Madness:


Turned out to be just the right shape for one of my new doodles, the Delphinium, available for purchase in my shop


I have coloured it with my usual watercolour pencils, and have layered it with foam pads, and added some clear glitter to some of the petals.


The swirly paper is from Funky Hand, and behind the image is a paper from a Joanna Sheen disc, Botanicals. Not that you can see it much, but I just loved the blue colour of it. The ribbon and bows are from the stash. Some folk have asked how I tie my bows so neatly. No secret folks, loads of fiddling and tweeking with the help of a pencil through the loops. No fancy bow tying blocks or anything, except a few blue words sometimes!! LOL


I have a couple of other challenges to enter this into. First at The Pink Elephant, where the theme is 'Nature', and then at Digital Tuesday, where they have a colour theme of 'Blue, White and one other', green in this case.

OK then, off to murder some weeds now then! Have a great day folks!

12 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a beautiful card I love the layering of the flowers and the design paper is gorgeous. A fantastic card.
Go zap them weeds!!
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Teri - I always look forward to seeing what you do each week and ALWAYS LOVE IT! Gorgeous botanicals!! Love the colours and the layering...yes and those bows!! Love it! We love having you join us with this weeks challenge, your support is appreciated - we would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Sally H said...

Stunningly beautiful card, hun! I love it! I've just had an hour outside putting in some bulbs and primulas.Glorious sunshine! Hope you had a productive day outside too!

Nicola said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Teri, your delphiniums are coloured and layered so beautifully and your ribbon treatment is so pretty.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Lisa Foster said...

How BEAUTIFUL!
Hugs,
Lisa

LINDA said...

OMGosh!! You always do the most amazing cards.. This is just stunning.Love it..
Hugs, Linda

Carol said...

Oh my gosh Teri this is right up my alley. I love all those luscious layers you did with that awesome flower. This is gorgeous and I am in awe of this fabulous creation. Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. We love coming to view your wonderful creation.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Teri!! Just love your flowers, the dimension and the sparkle!! So springy and elegant!! Stunning take on the Midnight Madness sketch!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Teri this is stunning I will be back visiting your digi shop soon as you have created some of the most beautiful images the colours wow..amazing work thank you for sharing this with us at Digital Tuesday
Hugs
Lorraine x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Absolutely gorgeous and one of my favorite flowers! Awesome job Teri ... again with the dimension ... I swear ... you are the Queen of Dimension!! AWESOME!!

Pascale said...

Hi Teri this is so gorgeous I love the sparkly delphinium xxx Hugs Pascale

Kim said...

Simply stunning! You know how I love your layering! This delphinium is incredible as is are your coloring skills. Love how classy this card is!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx