Monday, 5 April 2010

Some Exciting News

Hiya folks!

Hope your Easter weekend went well, not too much choccie I hope?? We had to have an inside Egg Hunt - blooming rain! And it's still coming down - ugh! Miserable!

But on a more happy note is the marvelous news (for me anyways) that I have for you. I was invited by the lovely Pascale to join the DT of a relatively new challenge blog dedicated to Sweet Pea Stamps, and Ching Chou Kuik images - YEAY!!

I have loved these images for a while, but haven't owned any of them until now - just bought a load and can't wait for them to arrive. Trouble is, I haven't used rubbah before, so it'll be an interesting experience! But I was well pleased when Amy from the DT got in touch and told me about her new shop, The Crafty Purple Frog. She has been given license to sell Ching Chou Kuik images as decoupage sheets, so I have been snapping those up as soon as she pops them in the shop - cheers Amy!


So, this card then is my first offering for the DT at Sweet Pea Stampers. The theme for this week is 'Fairies live at the bottom of the garden'. I had originally planned to use a different image for this one, then Amy released this sheet, and I just had to use that instead - gorgeous! I think I may have gone a bit overboard with this one though, not my usual clean and crisp style, but hey - I just got carried away with the excitement of it all, and the yumminess of the image.

I have used papers from Tinker & Co for the backings, and printed them out on regular white cardstock. The purple card itself is a printed one, with the design by the Funky Fairies, not trading now, so no link available sorry! The flowers and leaf shapes are punched out of spare papers. The image itself is printed onto glossy photo paper for a richer depth of colour. I cut these out and layered with foam pads for more depth.


I'm so glad these sheets are digital and come already coloured. All I needed to do was embellish the whole lot after initial assembly. I dotted the bubble bits of the image with some coloured stickles, cut an extra Moth, dotted that too, and popped a lovely fluffy feather behind it. Last thing I did, as the space bottom right looked empty, was to add a few gems.


So peeps, why not check out the Sweet Pea Stampers and all the DT's gorgeous offerings this week - we'd love to see your creations, but remember, you have to use a Sweet Pea Stamp/Decoupage sheet to enter!
Now, it just happens that this also fits a few other challenges too, so I am entering it into these (hope you don't mind ladies!):

Truly Scrumptious - the sketch/layout
Crafts and Me - Wings or Fairies
C.R.A.F.T. - Purple and Turquoise
Sir Stampalot - Fantasy
Flutterby Wednesday - Blue, green and white

39 comments:

Clarky J said...

wowzers Teri This is gorgeous xx Congrats on your new DT position too how exciting xx Janet

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Wow, this is stunning Teri. Congratulations on your great news and many thanks for joining us for the first Sir Stampalot challenge.
Clare x

Sally H said...

congratulations, hun, and I'm sure you will become as addicted to the Rubbah as the rest of us! Your card is stunning, and your flowers are a perfect addition. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sir stampalot and good luck!

Sharon said...

Wow, this is fabulous. I love the colours and all the details are stunning. Thanks for joining us at TS.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Congratulations on the DT spot. Well desrved - you'll be a hit I'm sure.
Love this enchanting card. Beautifully built up and the colours are fabulous.
Tipping it down here as well.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Jeanette said...

This is a spectacular card. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Flutter By.

chris said...

Wow so so special,
this is a cracker it really is.
thanks for joining in the Sir Stampalot challenge
hugs chris xx

Annette Bowes said...

Stunning Teri, so love the colour lol! Congratulations on you new DT position off to go and have a peek, take careX:)

Kim said...

Teri,
I'm sorry that you had such a rainy day for Easter. Hopefully, you'll be seeing the sunshine very soon!

Congrats on making the DT @ Sweet Pea. I love those images and your card is absolutely stunning. Love the way you colored her up, the digi papers are yum, as are your flowers & butterflies. Great card. I look forward to your upcoming relases!

Here's to some sun for today!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Trimgym said...

Hi Teri, what a gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge again and good luck in the draw.

Jo and Tigerlover.

Lisa B said...

Teri,

Congrats girl! You are going to be a wonderful asset to the team..your work is beautiful. This card is simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats again & I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Hugs,
Lisa

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

First let me say that they are SO LUCKY to have you on their team!! Your talents are endless and this is a perfect example!! WOWZA girl ... you are amazing! This is absolutely breath taking!! Well done ... bravo!!!

Lau W said...

So nice card ! sweet colours !

Francesca said...

What a wonderful card, very pretty colours
thank you for joining us at the sir stampalot challenge
Hugs
Francesca

Pascale said...

Hi Teri this looks fantastic I love how you have placed everything and love the flower you have made xx Hugs Pascale

Rose said...

Gorgeous card Teri, I love the image and all the detail, thanks for entering it in our C.r.A.F.T challenge this week and good luck!

Rose xx

Crafteezee said...

Gorgeous card, my favourite colour scheme too. Thanks for joining Crafts and Me on our first challenge and hope to see more of your creations in the future. Hugs Tracy x

crafty amy said...

Wow Teri this is incredible I love it and I love how you have used the moth twice it works so well :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and me and good luck.

Huge hugs

Amy xx

Queen La Rubba ~ Rachael Doxsee said...

Teri ~ She is beyong gorgeous! She is just so pretty I don't know what word to use to actually describe her! WOW! You have done such a reamrkable job!! I was just stop'n by to say hello!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
I you have not already, I invite you to hop on over and entering my candy give away!!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

What fab news hun, gorgeous creation and I can't believe you have never used rubber?

HUgs Ali x

Diamond Doll said...

Beautiful card Teri.Thanx for joining Crafts and me for our very 1st challenge.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Tracy said...

Absolutely stunning. Thanks for joining the first Sir Stampalot challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

gina g said...

Gorgeous card love the colours and the beautiful butterflies. Thanks for joining Crafts and Me for our first challenge. luv gina xx

I have a sweet pea stamp up for grabs on my blog. xx

Eiglas said...

Lovely project Teri!
Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week !
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Danni said...

Congrats on your new DT position! Stunning creation! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

pinky said...

Stunning card Teri, she is just beautiful and the papers you have used are just perfect. Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot Challenge this month.
Pinky

Nicola said...

Wow Teri your card is awesome, such a beautiful image 3d´d to perfection and your added accents are so complimentary. So excited to be on the team with you.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Julie said...

Congrats on your new DT position.
A really beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
Julie x

Birgit said...

beautiful card and well laid out. You took the pain the cut it out and mat it so it gives depth and it looks fab!!

Kimberly S said...

Wow, this is gorgeous with all of those layers in there! Congrats on the new DT position! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Flutter By Wednesday! :)

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Hello Teri, finally some blog hopping for me, im way behind. I hope you had a fabulous weekend hunny, wow im loving this card, so much gorgeous detail including the addition of those feathers. Love, love , love these images, they're gorgeous aren't they? and sooooooo pleased to be on this DT! looking forward to working with you hunny, big hugs Linda x

brenda said...

Hi Teri

Truly magical card and beautiful colours.

Thank you for joining in our first Stampalot challenge and good luck with the draw.

B x

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week in our purple and Turquoise challenge! Good luck in the draw. Stunning card Teri - you will be a great asset to the Dt - Congratulations! Cheers Claire x

Mina said...

wow Teri this is amazing, the layering is stunning and I love the image and embellishments...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx

Debbie said...

Hi Teri,
Your card is absolutely stunning! the colours are beautiful and I love all the gorgeous detailing.
Hugs
Debbie x

Michele said...

WOW stunning card Teri. Love the gorgeous image you've used and the details also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Teri this is totally amazing WOW it is stunning I have spent awhile just looking at it taking in all the elements and wonderful work you have done on this WOW I love it thank you so much for sharing this with us at Sir Stamplalot
Hugs
Lorraine x

Krafty Kows said...

Wow what a fantastic card. It's beautiful. Best one I've seen tonight. Jeanette

~Christina~ said...

This is fantastic!!!