Wednesday, 21 April 2010

The Sisterhood - Scotland

Aye-Aye folks!

Over at The Sisterhood of Crafters this week we are off on our trips around the world (unlike some with that blooming volcano). Seeing as I live here in Scotland and it was my turn hosting, I decided upon Scotland for this week. Now, I am English, born and bred, but moved north to Bonny Scotland some years ago. After many years of touring around the Scottish countryside on our holidays, and indeed honeymooning here, hubby and I took the plunge and decided to relocate our small family 'up north'. Best move we ever made!!


So dig out those tartan papers and paper heather sprigs, and what about some wee Scottish images?? Some of you may be aware that I have a wee digi-shop by the name of Delicious Doodles, and I am sponsoring the challenge this week, so if you want to win three of my images, hop over to The Sisterhood and speak to Mr Blue Froggy Thingy - I'm giving him a try-out!

This is my creation then, using one of my new images, Nessie:


I have coloured Nessie with my usual watercolour pencils, no decoupage this time for a change. I even dug out some old bouquets I made ages ago for favour bags, and recycled one of those for the front. The layout by the way follows a sketch from the OCCSC, which finishes tomorrow - hope I am in time with this card. . .


My papers are printed onto cardstock, and are of a tartan pattern that I have had for ever and scanned into the computer to use. The ribbon is from the stash.


Hope to see you over at The Sisterhood then peeps - have a looky at the DT's creations - fab job as ever ladies! And I hope the blue frog thing works for you all. . .

10 comments:

mulberry station said...

Your card is so cute! I love "Nessie". Your paper and colors are wonderful along with your fabulous emblishments!

Sally H said...

brilliant card! I love it!your image is such fun and the papers are beautiful!

Poppet said...

Great card Teri, I love the colours you have chosen for your papers. My kids would love to go to Scotland to see Nessie. :-) xx

Kim said...

Teri,
YOu did a fantastic job hosting this week! I loved my little Scottie and the Nessie! YOur card is adorable! I think he is so very sweet! I wouldn't mind running in to him! Great job, sistah!
Blessings,
Kim xXX

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

SISTAH ... you sure know how to throw a challenge!! This was so much fun and your creation is so awesome!!! Thanks for the fun!
Oh ... BTW ... I fixed that double signature for ya!!

Gloria Stengel said...

This card is really great. Love the colors, the image, and papers, the flowers...all of it! Thanks for playing at OCC Sketch.

Rose said...

oh this is fabulous and i love nessie :) thanks for joining us on the OCC Sketch Challenge this week

LINDA said...

Teri, this is just adorable.. I really love your little nessie, Great challenge this week.. Well done my sistah.
Hugs, Linda

tracy said...

wow fabulous card, what a great image and that flower and ribbon look gorgeous. hugs Tracy x

Micki said...

This is such a cute cute image, I knew I was going to use this image as soon as I saw it. You never cease to amaze me how you can pull together such beautiful, gorgeous cards every day. I struggle with it. This card is beautiful - love it.

hugs