Wednesday, 14 April 2010

The Sisterhood - Remembrance

Hi agin folks.

Third post today, scroll down for 1 and 2.

Today sees the new theme at The Sisterhood of Crafters, and our lovely Boni has set our theme as 'Remembrance'. Any kind of remembrance, whether you want to remember a family member, or an occasion, it's entirely up to you!

I chose to make a card for Armistice Day, yes I know that's yonks away, but at least I have one now!. It took me longer than I thought to get my image ready for this theme, and I only finished the card yesterday lunchtime!! So here it is:


I have used my new Poppies image here, available at Delicious Doodles. I have coloured it in and scanned it so I can print it out a few times onto glossy photo paper for extra depth of colour. I have cut out layeres and raised them with foam pads. My backing paper is from Funky Fairies (no longer trading) which I have inked round the edges in black. The ribbon and bow are made from pieces out of my bits box. I have mounted all onto plain black cardstock.

So that's it, short and sweet today, gotta fetch kiddies from school in a mo. Pop over to The Sisterhood and see what my lovely Sistah's have created for our remembrance theme, go on, have a go!

15 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those poppies are breathtaking!! You did such a fabulous job with them :) Love the black ribbon & bow - really makes the card pop!

LINDA said...

Such a gorgeous card.. Love the flower..And the colors are just wonderful.. Very beautiful work..
Hugs, Linda

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is amazing. What a gorgeous card - that poppy is magnificent.
Hugs,
Fiona x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Teri, you've been a busy bee again hunny with absolutely gorgeous cards, i love this one and the one you've made for the Creative Cottage Challenge this week. Hope your having a good week so far with lots of gorgeous sunshine! im shattered, looking forward to my bed tonight! enjoy your evening hunny hugs Linda x

TannyP said...

WOWEE! Those flowers look like PHOTOS, Teri! Amazing job. I'm always terrified of having to color all of those layers...for some reason it's never occurred to me to scan and print more copies of the one. LOL! Brains and talent - you're a heck of a combination =)

Sue said...

Hi Teri
beautiful card my fav flowers poppys, gorgeous, sue,x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

LOVE THESE POPPIES!! I actually have my own poppies and they are starting to bud ... and they will look "just like these"! AWESOME!! Great idea for the challenge and is just amazing as always! Thanks for all your inspiration Teri!! Hugs to ya!

Elborgi said...

wow- fantastic crad!
Elma

Sally H said...

WOW! Stunning poppies, hun! I love the colouring! Wonderful

mulberry station said...

Teri, this is absolutely gorgeous! Your poppies are amazing! Really, really like this card!

Shelly said...

Hi Teri! What a wonderful card for Armistice! The poppies are STUNNING and you coloured them by hand... how artistic! Love the deep reds and the backing paper is just perfect! You asked about my printed papers etc... I use an Epson printer which always prints lovely... no special trick really lol!
Hugs Shelly ;)

Spyder said...

These poppy's are fabulous! Love the backing papers too, lovely card!
(Lyn)

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Girl this is UBER GORGEOUS!!

Kim said...

Teri Doodles,
This is absolutely stunning! I love the way you colored your poppy up! Such an elegant beautiful creation!
Big hugs, sweet friend!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful Teri, love the Poppies!
Clairex