Thursday, 1 April 2010

A Regal Peacock

Hi again folks!

Second post today, scroll down for The Creative Cottage New Kit

This card has been made following the sketch at Midnight Madness, can't believe they're on week 47 already!! Where do the weeks go to??


I spent quite a while figuring out which way up to do this one, and if to do a square or oblong card. In the end I opted for the oblong version, as I wanted to use my Peacock image again. Really loving these colours together, although isn't there a saying 'Blue and Green should never be seen', or is that red and green?? Can't remember!


Everything here was designed and produced by myself (except the cardstock, eyelets and ribbon!) I made the backing papers in photoshop. The large peacock feather backing is in fact a digital image by itself, available for purchase in my shop


I have coloured my Peacock image with watercolour pencils as a large image first, then I scanned it in and printed onto glossy photo paper. That way my colours become even more rich and vibrant!! I printed it three times for the different layers.


It was rather fiddly doing the eyelets with ribbon laced through, as I had to have equal distance between the backing strips before I could stick them down. No good sticking then trying to thread it! I raised these panels too for some extra dimension. All the edges have been rubbed with metallic rub-on for a bit of bling to match the gold ribbon.

I am also entering this into a couple of 'Open' challenges too. First at Crafty Creations, and at Papertake Weekly.

15 comments:

Priscilla said...

Hi Teri, well I have never heard that saying..I think your colors look AWESOME together. Love this image and you could not have picked a better one for this sketch. GREAT lace up job and wonderful bg paper. I am amazed it matches your image so perfectly. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous! That peacock image is awesome and you have colored it so beautifully!

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

Teri, what an AWESOME peacock! I love the way his tail is draping down across the card. Just stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week! :) Michelle MMDT

Sue said...

Wow, you peacock is beautiful. The coloring of this image is lovely. The bakcground paper is perfect for this image. Our kids love to see the peacocks walking about the zoo when warm weather comes. Every once in a while they stop and open those beautiful feathers full out...spectacular, like your card!!!

Sue
MMSC March Guest

Sally H said...

Stunning, Teri! I love it! The eyelets are gorgeous and the peacock is beautiful - love all of it!!

Kim said...

total gorgeousness!!!! THis is so stunning! I simply love what you have done with the ribbon and eyelets!!!! That peacock is breath-taking! LOVE it, Teri!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Micki said...

wow, this is is gorgeous girl! Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

Love the lacing..... and your coloring, wow!!!!!

big hugs

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
This peacock is magnificent. Beautiful colours and a fantastic layout. Love the laces.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Carol said...

Teri this must have taken quite some time to color...it is colored to perfection. Very pretty detailed image. I love how neat and perfect your lacing looks. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. We love coming to visit and seeing your cards.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Saskia said...

Hello Teri,

Wow, fabulous card!!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge! Good luck!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Lovely Linda said...

HI Teri - this is DIVINE! I love that peacock, your colouring is 'out of this world!' Gorgeous colours - I always love to be inspired by nature! Love the 'painstakingly perfect' lacing!! Well done Teri - it is always a pleasure to visit with you! Thank you for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we appreciate your support and love to visit with you! We look forward to seeing you next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Pauline said...

Wow, absolutely stunning, a fabulous creation! It's beautiful, I love it!!! Pauline x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW .. this is stunning!! I'm again so far behind in my commenting but I have been checking out each one of your latest posts and my jaw is on the floor! You are SO TALENTED ... I just love your style! FANTASTIC!!

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations this week in our 'Anything goes' challenge. Great project - fab peacock Teri - love it - good luck in the draw. Cheers Claire x

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Teri, this is absolutely stunning! You do such a beautiful coloring job on the peacocks, not the mention that awesome paper! Thanks so much for working this sketch :) Well done this week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT