Wednesday, 7 April 2010

Recycling stuff

Hi again folks.

Third post of the day, scroll down for MyGrafico and Creative Cottage.

OK, back from the Dentist visit, myself and two of the kids have a clean bill of health. Trouble is I am now £88 lighter - no National Health for us, no-one available to register with here in North East Scotland. Have to go private or nothing!

Anyway, back to this week's project over at The Sisterhood of Crafters, which is celebrating 'Earth Day'. Lisa has chosen the theme of Recycling for our projects, and I chose to recycle a wee Gravy Tub from our local supermarket. Here is what it looked like before:


All I did was grab my leftover wallpaper from the hallway decorating, wrap it round and stick it down, then rub coloured ink all over it and decorate with ribbon and a couple of flowers. Simple! Here is an 'After' shot:


Guess what - we have a sponsor this week!! Yeay! Heather from Digi-sparkle has kindly donated a $10 voucher to our winner - cool, thanks hun!

So, if you want to win some digi-stamps, then head over to The Sisterhood for some scrummy inspiration and all the deets - can't wait to see your recycling projects. . .

10 comments:

LINDA said...

What a fantastic recycled project..Love it.. Hugs, Linda

Sally H said...

That's fabulous! I love the colours!

Micki said...

oh wow that looks awesome and omg, I still have some textured wallpaper that I had used at my daughter's wedding (made cones to hang from the pillars)...... awesome!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Teri, What a beautiful job on your recylcled project! You would never even know what you used! You amaze me! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment! We still miss you! Thanks for staying in touch! Looks like you are still keeping very, very busy! Don't know how you do it!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW, aren't you the clever one!!! Wallpaper, huh!! I'll have to remember that one! Awesome creation!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Great project to recycle such a mundane item.
You say you all got a clean bill of health but it sounds as though the dentist visit hurt financially.
Hugs,
Fiona x

TannyP said...

You did an amazing job of repurposing what would otherwise be considered junk, Teri!! At first glance, I thought it was a lovely luminary with that top yellow "glowing" =)

Clarky J said...

Hi Hun thanks for the info re Mr Linky at WW - they have actually chosen a different link system which shows the persons card so thats why Mr Linky isnt there x

Dragonlady said...

Amazing transformation, love it Teri.

Hugs Ali x

Kim said...

This is incredible! My mother has some paper very similar to this! You have totally inspired me to create a storage container for my hubby's desk! Love the way the wallpaper grabs the ink! So fabulous!
Blessings,
kim xXx