Friday, 2 April 2010

Pink and Green

Hiya folks!

Yeay - some sunshine! Think I might hit the garden in a mo, if it isn't too frosty that is. Poor lawn needs some sorting out after that winter!

My card for today then was inspired by a new challenge I came across whilst surfing your blogs, Sketch and Stash. The sketch is just so pretty, I had to go use it!


I turned it around to fit better with my image. With those flowers, I had to do the challenge at Secret Crafter too, which this week is 'Pink and Green, and flowers'. It is a Birthday card, which fits the theme at Bee Crafty this time too, Happy Birthday guys! The theme at Digital Tuesday is to use up scraps, which is what I did to make the flowers.


To fit with the sketch and stash theme I also used up some of the gems I have had since I started crafting some six years ago, had to blow the dust away first though - LOL

All the papers and ribbon strip are from a digital set named 'Cottage Roses' by Gina Jane at Daisy Company. My image is of an Arctic Fox. I snapped this little fella while he was having a wash down at the Highland Wildlife Park a couple of weeks ago. So cute and fluffy - he was begging to be photographed, and looked up just at the right time - poser! I sketched him last week, and he is now available for purchase in my shop


I didn't do any fancy 3d layering for this one, as the sketched image is too intricate for all that, so I made it a fairly flat card with just the flowers for dimension. The card and petal edges are all inked with my daubers, very handy those things!

11 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
I am loving this card. Beautiful colours and papers, The flowers are gorgeous and your image is a work of art. You really have a wonderful talent for sketching.
Amazing work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sue said...

Hi teri
aww gorgeous card, beautiful image, luv the flowers, sue,x

Micki said...

omg, this is beautiful and love how you left the fox black & white. Beautiful sketch and definitely a beautiful card.

hugs

Sally H said...

beautiful! I love how this image can be very feminine or masculine. Love it!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow,wow,wow Teri this is awesome I am gobsmacked by that image it is totally awesome and I love the design as it does not detract anything from the main image but just adds the right amount I am loving this so much. Thank you for joining our challenge at Digital Tuesday
Hugs
Lorraine x

Bee said...

Lovely card. Those layered, patterned flowers are fantastic.
Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Birthday Challenge :)

Donna said...

Beautiful card Teri, such a serene image and the papers are really pretty :) Donna x

Becky said...

Wow Teri! Your card is gorgeous hon, I love how you've made the flowers!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Clare said...

OMG Teri this sketch of a fox cub is just beautiful! you are such a clever chickie hun! we have a little fox that visits our garden every evening for a bowl of food (the hedgies have also came out of hybernation & one is nesting in our hedgie house in the garden too!). Your sketch reminds me of our little visitor. Gorgeous card Teri I love those flowers too & the paper is very pretty. Hugs Clare xxx

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card nad I love your flower.
Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
Cathy xx

Chrissie said...

What a beautiful card Teri, those papers are so pretty and just my cup of tea.
I can't believe you sketched this cub yourself, you are so talented!
Thanks so much for joining in with Sketch & Stash this fortnight.