Friday, 30 April 2010

Hyacinth Card

Hiya folks.

Wow - the sun is out!! Loads of grey clouds mind you, but at least some sunshine for a while!

My card for today then has been made to showcase one of my latest Flower digital images, the Hyacinth. If you like it you can purchase it now in my store, Delicious Doodles.

I followed a sketch from Sketch and Stash, but turned it sideways to get the image the right way round. I didn't use a sentiment either, hope that's acceptable. . .


I have used up some of my very ancient linen effect cardstock for the base and for some of the punched flower petals, along with some almost as ancient pearlescent lilac for the strip at the side and more petals. The dotty buttons and dotty bow are by Papermania, and are from my latest purchase at the local craft shop


This also fits a few more challenges too. DU2DS want to see 'flowers' along with a digi-image. Simon Says Stamp want 'buttons, bows, and bling'. Crafts and Me want to see 'sparkle'. I have added some stickles to the punched flower petals, and some gems at the top. Delightful Sketches and Challenges want to see us use our punches. I used a variety of flower punches, and also a Martha Stewart border punch. Charisma Cardz want a 'girly card with flowers', and at Cute Card Thursday the challenge is to 'make your own'. Well, I have made my own flowers, and the border and the image is my own sketch too.


Phew! Right, now, as our school have decided to take a long weekend because of the Bank Holiday (!!??!!) I now have to drag myself down to the blooming park with the wee one - ugh! Much rather be crafting. . .

20 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Teri
wow hun gorgeous card, beautiful flowers, stunning creation, have great weekend, sue,x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh my gosh, I am so late in commenting on your blog but I am here now and so glad I came ... WOWZA ... this is AWESOME! I always am impressed with the dimension you achieve on your creations! THIS IS STUNNING!!! You ROCK girlfriend!!!

Lynda said...

Another beautiful flower Teri and a fab card. It's a good job we can print your images out isn't it - I've just read the 'gorjuss' post - how are you supposed to use their images then! Thanks for warning us.

Love Lynda xxx

Karen said...

Oh wow! this is amazing, thank you for joining us at Delightful Sketches.
xx

Teresa said...

Teresa this is a really stunning card it looks beautiful and a lot of work.
Thankyou for joining in at Crafts and me Challenges this week, Good Luck.
Teresa x

Becky said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous Teri!! I adore everything about it!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx
P.S Dylan's school is closed Monday for BH and Thursday for voting!!

Sally H said...

Totally stunning! I love it. I think your own digis are so much better than Gorjuss ones - shame about the wasted dosh though!

gina g said...

Wow this is beautiful i love hyacinths, brilliant work. Thanks for joining us for our challenge at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Teri, What a fun card with all that dimension! And so many fun embellishments! I'm ready for Spring without any rain and cold. But at this point I'll just take summer! Enjoy your holiday weekend! It's always good to hear from you!

mulberry station said...

Gee, Teri...this is stunning. I love everything about it! Very very, yummy!!!
Have a wonderful weekend. Nancy

Lisa Foster said...

WOW Teri! Another jaw-dropper! I LOVE this! You are so amazingly creative!
Hugs,
Lisa

Lorraine A said...

Oh wow !! I have just spent ages looking at this gorgeous card :-) absolutely stunning ! :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Sketch and Stash Challenges :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Crafteezee said...

Gorgeous card, love your colours and you have put alot of work and detail into this which has paid. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

Farm Girl said...

WOW!!!!Great card! I absolutely love it. Thanks for playing at Delightful Sketches :)

Sandra said...

Really pretty card Teri... isn't it a great feeling when using up 'ancient' craft stash! Thanks for joining us with our flower challenge on Dare U 2 Digi Stamp.
Sandra x

Faye said...

Wow, your card actually took my breath away. Thanks for playing at Charisma. x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is absolutely STUNNING!!! I love that the flowers pop out and polka dot buttons are adorable!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Jane said...

WOW!!! this is amazing!! love the layered flower it looks stunning and your details are thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxxgorgeous!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Teri, wow girl! This is beautiful! I love all the elements of this card! Very pretty! Thanks for joining us over at Delightful Sketches. Good luck and I really hope to see your work again!

rosalien said...

Very beautiful card with all those layers on the flowers.:)) Great job.
Thanks for playing with us at DS.

Rosalien