Wednesday, 28 April 2010

The Creative Cottage - Circles

Hiya folks!

It's a lovely day here (for the moment) in North East Scotland, hoping to get some washing on the line later - not holding my breath though. Things change pretty quickly here sometimes.

My card today then is my DT piece for The Creative Cottage, and our new theme this week is 'Circles'.


I have used the Forest Friends kit for my card, which you can purchase HERE. The flower was made using die-cut circles (nestabilities with scalloped edge) and tissue paper that I inked the edges of before pushing into my clenched hand. This scrunches up the circles into a cone shape, then you can stick them all together with some round the outside too, and ruffle them all about until you get what your after. This was fun to make - you may be seeing more of these!


The sentiment is computer generated. I printed out the little squirrel a couple of times so I could layer it up with my foam pads. I added some brads to the bottom from my stash, and hand-tied a bow, as the card looked a bit empty in the top corner there.

And there you have it! Pretty simple really. There are more lovely creations to inspire you over at The Creative Cottage Challenge Blog, head over and take a looky. You could win a lovely kit, or even be one of our favourites of the week. And if you use Creative Cottage products, you will be entered into the monthly draw too. Cool or what? See you there folks!

12 comments:

Becky said...

Wow Teri! I just love your card and that flower is just wonderful!!
How cute is that little squirrel eh??
Glad I'm not the only one with a wobbly mummy tummy he he!!
xx

Karin said...

That tissue paper flower is awesome! Thanks for the "Top Sister" badge too :) Have a great day!

mulberry station said...

What a cutie Teri!

Shelly said...

Hi Teri! Great card, love the little squirrel and lovely flower detail!
Hugs Shelly ;)

Lynda said...

Awwww he looks a little sad or is he just 'love struck'? Cute card and the flowers fab!

Love Lynda xxx

Kim said...

Love this little card! How very sweet! your handmade flower is divine!!!! I'm nuts about this card!
Blessings,
Kim xXX

Suzie McFloozy said...

Gorgeous card Teri - I love that flower it's just beautiful like it's made from organza - hey thats an idea - I wonder if organza would go through my bigshot ?!
Great job babe x
((Hugs)) Suzie xx

Sally H said...

very very cute! He definitely needs a cuddle!

coldwaters2 said...

Aw Teri isn;t this just so cute he looks so adorable and I love, love that flowers it is stunning.
Hugs
Lorraine x

tracy said...

gorgeous card Teri i love that flower going to have to try that. hugs Tracy x

Toucan Scraps said...

lots of lovely circles

Wedgie said...

Fab card Teri - the little squirrel is soooo cute! I love how you've layered him up.

Wedgie xxx