Monday, 19 April 2010

Crafters Companion - 3D

Hi again folks.

Second post today, scroll down for Sweet Pea Stampers DT piece

OK folks, so this is my DT creation for the Crafters Companion Challenge Blog. This fortnight the theme is to make a 3 dimensional project. I saw a lovely Watering Can project a while ago, and decided I would try this out myself for this theme.

After downloading the pdf's from the link above, I printed them onto some plain white card, and then printed some backing paper on the reverse from my new Peter Rabbit cd. I got this and some rubbah by subscribing to a cardmaking magazine a few weeks ago - great gift eh!!?? I also printed out a little Rabbit motif for the sides of the can.


I cut all the relevant pieces out, and assembled as per the instructions. There was some printed pattern left over, so I made some flowers using those bits - waste not, want not - as the saying goes! I inked the edges of the finished can, and also popped a little border round the bottom of it using a Martha Stewart border punch, with a bit more ink.

Looked a bit lonely for the photo, so I popped some mini daffs in it from my garden, and they gave it the lift it needed - plus the sun came out just at the right time too - fab! I am also entering into this weeks challenge at Totally Papercrafts where the theme is 'Spring', and also at Penny's Challenge, where they have an 'Open' theme this time.

Can't wait to see what goodies you come up with this fortnight peeps. . .

13 comments:

Lynda said...

Wow what a fantastic project Teri and the daffies really add the perfect finishing touch.

Love Lynda xxx

Sue said...

Hi teri
wow hun this is just stunning, gorgeous creation, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Dragonlady said...

Ab-so-lute-ly STUNNING. Fab work Teri, love the colours and the little Peter Rabbit.

Hugs Ali x

mulberry station said...

Teri, I absolutely love your watering can. Thanks for the link to the template too! I am going to have to try this one. It is darling! Have a great week!

Pascale said...

You are clever with these sorts of things Teri this is AMAZING love the daffs as a finishing touch hugs Pascale

Christine said...

Lovin' it Teri, its gorgeous well done! xx

tracy said...

wow Teri this is fabulous, I'm going to have to try this!
hugs
Tracy x

Kim said...

This one is incredible too! I have seriously got to try one of these. They look so beautiful! Love the display too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sally H said...

Wow! I love it! Stunning work, hun!

Clare said...

Wow Teri your watering can is stunning! Hugs Clare xxx

Poppet said...

Great project Teri, so fresh looking. Put a small jar inside and you could use it as a vase for your little flowers. You could have different colours for the different seasons. :-) xx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

SUPER FANTASTIC! And just the perfect color combo with these sweet daffodils!! Well done my friend!!

Mel X said...

Wow, this looks totally awesome. Love the colours.

Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts and good luck in the draw.

Mel X