Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Cake and Balloons

Hiya folks.

Well, so much for the sun. There we were basking in glorious sunshine and warmth, and today? Grey, dull and damp - ugh. Another excuse to do some crafting!

Today is Tuesday, so that means it's time for another new theme at Tuesday Taggers. As it is our very own Emma's Birthday at the weekend she has chosen the theme of 'Cakes and Balloons'. Yummy!
I have used another one of my images for this card, which I designed just for this kind of occasion, Cake Slice, available for purchase in my shop


I know there is only one candle on it, but then it isn't the whole cake is it??!! I have used my watercolour pencils again. Really must investigate using marker pens of some description. Anyone got any advice there - only pens I have used are the kids felt tips!!


I have used some pink glitter board for the layering and matting bit, my backing paper is by Funky Hand and is printed directly onto cardstock. I have added a couple of bits of metallic pink ribbon just to spice it up a bit, as it looked empty down that side. I have also popped a few lovely brads at the bottom. Picked those up in the local craft shop the other day.

So, your turn now then. Let's see all your yummy cakes, oh, don't forget the balloons too! Head over to Tuesday Taggers if you need some more inspiration. We have a prize up for grabs too, donated by Emma, of some SU products for the lucky winner - so don't be afraid folks, have a go!

I am also entering this into the challenge at SSDS as their theme is 'Birthday' also.

14 comments:

Kim said...

Yay, I'm early enough to be your first comment today! :-) I really wish I had time for fun stuff, like reading blogs before work....sleep is just too important now. tee hee

Who is waffling now? Your card is darling. I love that yummy piece of cake and the balloons. I really love your watercolors. Everyone is loving the copics. I haven't tried them yet, I'm with you on the water colors! Those brads are the perfect finishing touch!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Rebekah said...

Love this card Teri, perfect for a birthday! I use prisma pencils to colur mostly cos I haven't managed to get the funds together for pens (I'm always buying stamps lol!) but the word on the street is copics are better than pro markers (hope I've not offended any die hard pro marker fans!) hefty price tag tho if you want a big set lol hugs Rebekah x

Clarky J said...

Fabulous as always Teri - a fab doodle xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a wonderful card. I do lov ethe colours. This is really effective. I lov ethe ribbon and the layering. You do this type of thing so well.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Nicola said...

Love your design you clever girlie and the glitter board sets it off so beautifully. The metallic ribbon and brads finish this wee beauty off to perfection Teri.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Pascale said...

Love the tones on this one Teri, I love Copic Ciao's they are like paintbrushes. I have been using promarkers which have a harder bullet tip and are slightly cheaper. The Glitter pot do copics for just under £2 each. If you are starting out you could choose some colours before investing in a set xxx Hugs Pascale

mulberry station said...

I love your new designs Teri! And, your Birthday card is really cute! you always do such wonderful work.

Kim E said...

That piece of cake looks yummy enough to eat. Love the balloons! Thanks for joining us this week at SSDS. Hugs, Kim

PatR said...

Great card Teri, I'd love a slice of that cake.
Pat xx

Sally H said...

Love your card, Teri! I'm a huge promarker fan,and I don't think there is alot of difference other than the tips. Promarker tips are firm and like a regular felt pen. Copic tips are like brush marker style and softer. There is a good range of colours for both and plenty of good tutorials on the net, so really it's up to you. If cost is an issue I think the promarkers are a bit cheaper - Joanna Sheen has some of the cheapest and Amazon has some good sets. Sir stampalot do copics for 1.95 each

Zoechaos said...

Love your image, you have made a fabulous card.

Linda L said...

Wonderful card I love the image! Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week.
I am having a celebration at my blog and I would love to have you join in.
{{Linda}}
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Lisa Foster said...

Luv this Hun! What a fabulously FUN card!
Hugs,
Lisa

Michelle said...

Wow you don't half work some magic Teri, not only with your cards but with your digi's too. Wonderful!
x Michelle