Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Swirls and Curls

Hiya folks!

How are you all on this bright and cheerful Tuesday afternoon?? Yeah, I know, I'm a bit late again - sheeesh! Had to go buy some B'Day pressies for the wee one. It isn't her Birthday until 15th, but I like to know I have them and am not rushed or stressed - anything for an easy life! LOL

Right, my card today is my DT offering over at Tuesday Taggers, and our theme this week is 'Swirls and Curls' set by our very own Pat. I was at a loss here to start with, wanted to do something different that I hadn't done before, but no mojo!! So I decided to make a Mother's Day card. Then I had a flash of inspiration, after I had drawn the Peacock Butterfly image I posted about yesterday. I thought - This looks good just as a Black and White image - and I made the whole card just as a B&W one.


I found a yummy swirly frame on MyGrafico, so I have used that, but in reverse. The swirls are actually black on the original with a white background. I made it 'inverted' in my graphics programme, otherwise the centre panel would have been totally black.


I have used my Peacock Butterfly image, available for purchase in my blog shop, Delicious Doodles. I printed it out a few times, and in a smaller size too, then cut out just the wings and body and stuck the body down so the wings could be folded up. Love that effect, dimension without foam pads!!


I have also printed it as a tint behind the MUM. Don't know why, just looked good when I did it. Last thing was to add some yummy glitter. Ta-Da!

Turns out we have a sponsor for this week too, from Crafty Individuals, and they have donated a prize pack to our lucky winner. Don't forget to have a link to their store to be eligible to win!! Pop over to Tuesday Taggers then and have a nosey round my DT sisters' creations - boy, there are some scrummy pieces of art to see!!

Hope you don't mind ladies, but I'm entering this at Fab and Funky , as their theme is 'Black and White' this week. AND I am also entering at Raise The Bar, as they want '3 of anything'. Well, I have 3 Butterflies - if you count the tint, and also there are three layers - the cardstock, the first raised layer with the text, and the folded back wings. Hope this counts!!

Righty then, time for some lunch me thinks!!

12 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow this is stunning. I love the swirly frame and your butterfly is gorgeous. This is a beautiful creation. Magnificent.
Hugs,
Fiona x

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Quite stunning!! Beautiful card x
Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh My Stars ... this is absolutely amazing & awesome!! I tell you girlie ... you always inspire me!! WOW!! Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar. We do hope to see you again next challenge!

PatR said...

I absolutely love this card Teri. Well black & white always looks so classy and with your gorgeous butterfly it is one fabulous creation.
Love Pat xx

LINDA said...

Very stunning card.. Love the image and the black and white together.. Very lovely!!!
Hugs, Linda

Zoechaos said...

Lovely elegant card, did you say your mojo is missing, heck what wouls it be like if all juices were flowing :)

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Teri! I love the butterfly and the background, and the swirly border...all of it!

LuLu said...

Fab, striking card and love the different layers you have created. Many thanks for joining us at "Fab 'n' Funky" challenges this week.

Lou
x

blackdragon said...

This knocks my socks off... stunning my friend... as always... watch for the postie on friday or saturday.... it'll prove i do read your posts even if i dont always comment! love hugs and mushy stuff xxx

Kim said...

Teri, I absolutey LOVE this butterfly! I love it colored up and I love I love it just like this with the sparkles on it! Your card is so elegant! Your layering is the best!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

my5bratz said...

LOVE the frame, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Kendra said...

Wow! You cut all those butterflies out by hand?! That is some kind of patience you have!!! Great card! Also, thanks for commenting on my blog.