Sunday, 28 March 2010

A Sweet Something. . .

Hiya folks!

How is your weekend going so far? I hope I find you all well and crafty? I feel tonnes better today, thank you all for your lovely comments and well wishes - you made me feel better a lot quicker, honest!! Now the schools here are on their Easter break, I hope no more germs will come our way. . .

Onto my card today then, which is a little departure for me, as it incorporates an image from Sweet Pea Stamps. I haven't used these before, as I don't do rubbah! BUT I was pointed in the direction of The Crafty Purple Frog as they have been given licence to sell some of these lovely images in the form of Printable sheets - YEAY!! That's my bag - so I nipped over there sharpish and snapped up the few that they have at the moment, and I have made this card with one of them.


Now, a couple of my old teamies have just started up a new challenge blog dedicated to Sweet Pea Stamps, with permission of course! They are named: Sweet Pea Stampers. I am lending my support today with this card, which is following the sketch there:


I have used the Mermaid sheet for this one, and they are all pre-coloured (phew - saved me a job!) you just have to cut out the pieces you want to use for your decoupage. I printed it out on some glossy photo paper as it gives a richer colour than normal stuff.


I used backing papers from Tinker & Co, and swirly corners from My Craft Studio (Lavender and Lace). The Butterflies I have used are from my shop, Delicious Doodles, which I coloured with watercolour pencils and I cut some extra wings for dimension. To these I piled on some stickles, and dotted some on the main image too. Ribbon is from the stash, as are the beads and charm.


Keep those printable sheets coming - I'm really loving these fantasy images - yummy! Before I forget, there is also a DT Call at Sweet Pea Stampers, you have until April 2nd to get your submissions in peeps!!

8 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Oh I love the colours in this card. The butterflies are brilliant and the scrolling in the corners is fantastic. The 3D image is beautiful.
Glad your feeling better.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Anne said...

Groaaaannnn..... how adoooooorable!!! Ah Teri, you always come up trumps!! I bought this sheet too but haven't even printed it yet - not felt brave enough!! You're a star and your card is fabulous! Thanks for playing with us! :o) xx

LINDA said...

OMG This is simply gorgeous!! The image is just beautiful and you have colored it perfectly!! Love it!! I have something for you on my blog..
Hugs, Linda

Pascale said...

Hi there Teri this is superb hun I love this image and have invested in the stamp. These are gorgeous decoupage sheets and this one is perfect for my sketch which you have done an awesome job on. Thanks for joining us at SPS this week xxxx Hugs Pascale

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your butterflies go perfectly with it! I'm just finishing an Easter card using your duck and duckling. Hopefully I'll get it posted later!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Just beautiful. Really 3d card and love the charm and butterflies too. Marianne x

Julie Mutch said...

Hi Teri, your card is absolutely stunning! The butterflies are amazing and I love all the bling! Just gorgeous! Good luck on the DT call! :)

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Hmmm YUMMY!! It really pops off the page at you!!