Thursday, 25 March 2010

Such A Cutie

Hiya folks!

What a difference some sleep makes! I'm back in the land of the living today - yeay! Might actually get some crafting done - wooohoooo!

Kids are still poorly though and haven't eaten anything since Tuesday night. Blooming schools, breeding grounds for Alien life-forms/bacteria/germs, whatever. Filthy places!! AND guess what? A Mum at their school, who happens to be a cleaner, said once that they are not allowed to use Bleach or disinfectant????!!!! Eh? How the Hell to they actually clean the place then?? Soap?? Years ago when I was Manager of a Pub, we had to go on a course to learn about chemical use, such as bleach - simple really. Why can't they do that in schools where they need the bloomin stuff??

Anyhow, that's my rant over - I feel better now! Onto more cheerful things, my card for the day (and yes, just the one - lol) is made following the sketch over at Midnight Madness:


LOADS going on over there - if you haven't had a look yet, where have you been?? I chose the more challenging sketch again this time, and have also used a colour theme from Rosie Dee's Challenge, of 'Yellow, Green and White'. Yeah, I know I have some lilac there too, just thought it needed a bit more somehow. . .



I have teamed these up with one of my new images, the Pine Marten, available to purchase at


my wee blog shop. If I say so myself, I think he's a real cutie! I have used him just as it comes in black and white, although you could print him out as a Sepia I suppose. My papers are from Tinker & Co, and a tartan one I have converted into a B+W. This way I get to make it whatever colour I like in my page make-up programme, an old version of QuarkXpress. Wish I could afford a newer full version, but hey - that's major expense!!



I have also used a damask border to the left and tried to make it look like a ribbon with a bit of a border to it. Not sure if that really works, but you have to try these things sometimes don't you? I have punched out some flowers and leaves for the swirly part of the sketch, as I don't have those swirly flourish bling things I see in blogland. Where do you guys get those from?? I finished it off with some wee pearly bits for the flower centres, and some lilac organza ribbon and bow.

OK, need to do some serious DT stuff now. I'm a day behind myself and need to catch up some - eeekk! Catch ya later folks!

15 comments:

crafty amy said...

Hiya Teri,
This is so sweet I really must get some of these images as I found them for the first time the other week and being an animal lover I think they are amazing :D
Thank you for looking at the sweet pea stamps challenge blog I just wanted to let you know that if you like Ching-chou Kuik's art then you might like my new shop She has let me sell digi decoupage sheets and toppers I only have a few to start me off but am in the process of making lots more. The blog is The Crafty Purple Frog
Hugs

Amy xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I love the papers you have used and the image is beautiful. This is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Mervi said...

This is so cute image too, you've done great doodling!
Lovely card!
Thanks for sharing this with us
at Rosie D's Challenge, good luck;-))m

brenda said...

Hi Teri

I love it, the layout is as you say a difficult one,, but you have done a great job with it.

And the image is lovely - hope I don't offend as I'm not certain what the little fellow is, but he looks very like the baby ferrets I had as a child (not your average pets I know).

Thank you for sharing with us at Rosie D's this week.

B x

Carol said...

Hi Teri: Your image is just amazing. I love how it stands out against the backdrop of those gorgeous colors. You have created a magnificent piece of art. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. We love this fabulous creation you treated us too!!!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Saskia said...

Hello Teri!

Great to see your work at Rosie-D's Challenge!! Beautiful design!!

Saskia :)

Sue said...

Hi Teri
aww gorgeous card what a beautiful image, great layout hun, i agree with you on the cleaning front, how stoopid not being able to use bleach!! sue,x

Sue said...

Teri, what a beautiful image, love him/her in black and white against your lovely pastel papers. Thanks for joining the fun for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. Hope your family is feeling better soon.

Sue
MMSC March Guest

Lovely Linda said...

Aww Teri - you are amazing - this image is just too adorable! It is so lifelike - amazing!! I love the way you used the colours in contrast to the B&W image - very cool! Love this Teri - I love all of your work! We love coming and seeing your cards created using the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - we appreciate your support and would love to see you again next week! (([hugs)))
Linda MMSC Design Team

cabio's craft corner said...

That's a neat image Teri. Love those coordinating paper with different colors. Very cute take on of the layout :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Shelly said...

Hiya Teri! Ah this little fella is a real cutie! Just love your drawing style! Great use of the sketch and fab colours! Hope you little ones are feeling better soon!
Hugs Shelly ;)

Shelly said...

Just me again, not sure if my last comment was recorded but love the card...fab little fella! Hope the little ones are feeling better soon!
Hugs Shelly ;)

Tracy said...

I love your choice of image and the design and finishing touches, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your creation is amazing Teri!!I love your little fox (or ferret)and
the DP choice!!Thank you so much for participating in the challenge at Midnight Madness with us this week. We really enjoyed your wonderful creations!

Priscilla said...

WOW..this is over the top Gorgeous!! Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Looking forward to seeing what you will do with MMSC47.

Priscilla
MMSC Hostess