Tuesday, 23 March 2010

Some Altered Boxes

Hiya folks!

How do I find you all today?? Hope you are all well? Things are great here today - just found out that I have made it onto the DT at Crafters Companion - YEAY!!! I tried out for that before but didn't get it, so this has made my day - wooohoooo!!

OK - deep breath. . .

Today is a Tuesday, so it's a new theme at Tuesday Taggers. This week it was set by the lovely Lyn aka Blackdragon, and is to 'Alter Something'. SIGH. What on earth do I do for that? - I asked myself. Not being an inky, messy sort of crafter, as most of what I do is digital. BUT then I remembered a wee box set stuffed in my cupboard that Lyn very kindly sent me a few months ago after I asked her where she got her boxes from. Thank You so much Lyn - see, they did come in handy after all - LOL. So, here is my 'before' piccy:


I got my well over 20 year old Acrylic paints out of my old college leftovers box (also stuffed in the same cupboard) and painted them all black. Lucky for me those paints hadn't gone dry!! WOW, after 20 years too. . .!!! Then I got my Fleur de Lys shapeabilities die and a few other little dies out, and cut some shapes in gold mirri. I stuck these on with PVA glue, nothing special, and finished them off with some metallic gold dimensional paint dots. Here are some 'after' piccies:





Not a bad job for a novice alterer, if I say so myself! God knows what I am to do with them now. Maybe I'll let the girls have them for their trinkets. You wait - they'll be trashed within minutes. . .

Right then - off you go to the Tuesday Taggers Challenge Blog for some more fabby inspiration, and have a go ladies!! We'd love to see what you come up with!

15 comments:

Lynda said...

You've done a fantastic job with the boxes Teri... and congratulations on making the Team at Crafters Companion. Briliant news!

Love Lynda xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
The boxes are beautiful - you have made a fantastic job of these. The butterflies are gorgeous.
Well done on the DT spot. You will be a great hit I'm sure.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Clare said...

Oooh these boxes are gorgeous Teri!!! you are a clever girl. Hugs Clare xxx

Sue said...

Hi Teri
wow hun they look beautiful, luv the flutterbys, just stunning, congratulations on your new DT post hun, sue,xx

Sally H said...

Absolutely stunning! Love them x

Crafty Dawn said...

Very impressive for 20yr old paint and a few die cuts they look super congrats on the new DT position too!

Love Dawn xx

kandistar said...

Wow these are beautiful, wish I knew how to make something as beautiful as those! What a great challenge by Lyn, whom I think is lovely as well!!! Candace

Annmaree said...

I love the new easter layout on the blog

and these boxes look divine! the black and gold is stunning!

Kim said...

OMG Teri~These boxes are gorgeous! I know I keep saying to you that each project is my favorite, this IS my favorite! I love the striking gold with the black! You are NOT a novice alterer! YOU Rock!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Michelle said...

Absolutely gorgeous Teri, love those boxes and how you've decorated them. Can I ask where you got them, I think I neeeeed some!
x Michelle

Arlana said...

Hello Teri,
Soory i have visited your blog . Things have been crazy here. I love your swet boxes . Congrats on the dt!!! You deserve it. Have a sweet day!!!

Donna said...

You've done a smashing job on these Teri, they are so elegant :) Donna x

Clarky J said...

These are gorgeous Teri - you make them sounds so simple but they are truely stunning! Janet x

Ildiko said...

Gorgeous box Terry.
Congrats to make it into IACCCB DT. Gonna talk to Rachel who's the mum of this blog, what's she's got in mind. I just helped her out and she gave me the hardest job ever pick the new DT members and I can pick 3 if I want lol I would've picked everyone lol
hugs
Ildiko

The Creative Cottage said...

Teri these are just stunning i love the colour combo and all the detail, really beautiful work!
hugs
Tracy x