Wednesday, 17 March 2010

The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge #1


YEAY!!

The day has finally arrived for our very first challenge at


I am lucky enough to be one of the founding sistah's of this friendly group of lovely ladies. This is one stress free place to be peeps - you must nip over and check it out!!

This being week three in March our theme is based 'around the globe', and Darlene (our host for the day) has chosen Ireland. Just happens to be St. Patrick's Day today too - how handy was that then??!! So anything Irish will do peeps, doesn't have to be St. Patrick's stuff, just as long as it is Irish themed - you could even use the colours of their flag:

Now, as I have Irish blood sneaking around in my veins somewhere, I chose to do a St. Patrick's Day card using my Cheeky Leprechaun digital image, which is available for purchase in my wee shop:


For the layout of this card I followed the sketch at Friday Sketchers:


I have teamed it up with some flowery backing paper from Funky Hand, and also a tinted cardstock with Irish Tartan printed on it. I would give you a link, but I can't remember where it came from now. I did find it after a google search though, so I'm sure you guys will find it. The big shamrock patterned paper is one I made in photoshop using some brushes - technical stuff I am still learning to play with!!



Of course, being St. Patties Day, there are also a few other challenges with similar themes, so if you are like me, then you can combine this with any other challenges you like! YEAY! AND you can use any images you like - we are not tied to any particular company (well, only mine! LOL)



So, I am entering this also into the Raise The Bar challenge, where the theme is 'Green', and at Fussy and Fancy Friday, 'Green' again, and at Digital Tuesday - 'St. Patricks/green', Simon Says Stamp - 'green', and finally at Sophisticats where the theme is 'New Beginnings'. Well this is a new challenge blog!!


Righty then peeps - get your lovely bums over to the new

Sisterhood of Crafters challenge blog

and take a shoofty round my sistah's fabulous Irish creations for some more yummy inspiration and get your entries in!

Don't forget - no pressure - no stress - it's just for FUN!!!

21 comments:

Micki said...

Girl, your card rocks!!!!! And I had so much fun working with your digi stamps. Hubby loved the little leprauchaun face.

hugs

Karin said...

Awesome card Teri! And what a great image too! I love easel cards and your papers are perfect too!

LINDA said...

OH Teri, this is such an adorable little leprauchaun!! Super fantastic card.. Love it!!Great take on this challenge..
Hugs, Linda

mulberry station said...

You did such an awesome job on your easal card! Your cards always look so professional! Beautiful work, Teri.

TannyP said...

Seriously, you blow my mind every time, Teri! Your images are fabulous, but the way you do them up really sets you apart from everyone. Amazing job!!

joey said...

Hiya Teri hun

gorgeous card! your doodle is fabulous! best wishes for this new challenge blog :O) I shall try my hardest to come and join in!

Joey.xxx

Diane Davies said...

What a great job on the color. Love the dimension you gave to the image. Fab card sister. : )

sweetbloominscraps said...

Cute Easel St Patrick's Day Card! You really did a fabulous job! Happy St Paddy's Day!

Amy Johnson said...

This is fabulous! I am so impressed! I love the image and your easel card! Just gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing the DTC this week!

Kim said...

Teri,
your card is FANTABULOUS!!!!!! I love what you did with the cheeky leprechaun and the easel card is great! Your background paper is grand! I'm so honored to be in this sisterhood with you ladies! I adore you ALL!!!!!
hugs,
Kim xXx

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Thats great! How did you manage to make him look so 3D? Did you paperpiece him? He looks like he is alive and ready to come rigth off the card! Fab!

Thanks for joining Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week.

Mvh
Gunn

Danielle said...

Cute card Teri! Love the image and the layering is brilliant! The easel card is fabulous!
Hugs, Danielle
(Teri - I emailed you to grab an image for WW (robin redbreast) to use this week but I'm not sure if you got it?)

Bonibleaux Designs said...

OMG I LOVE that you gave the wee fellow a Guinness!! Totally ROCKS!!!

Donna said...

Cracking card Teri, this little image really made me smile :) Donna x

Lisa B said...

You just ROCKED this challenge. That leprachaun is flipping adorable. I love all of the dimension and layers on this card. It is more like a piece of art!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WHAT FUN!! I'd say this fellow is a wee bit happy to share the day with us! What a wonderful image and creation Teri! You are AMAZING girlie!!!

Avril Ann said...

Fab card Teri, I so wanted to join you girls 1st challenge, but I think I am running out off time, with going off at the weekend, sorrrrrrrry, thanks for playing along at Sophisticats this week, much appreciated, Love Avril xxx

Tasha said...

Fab card Teri. That leprachaun is so cool ;-)
Thanks for joining us at Sophisti-Cats. hope to see you next week
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxxxx

Moshie said...

Fun fun fun card! Love the way you incorporated "New Beginnings"!!! lol Thanks for joining us at Sophisti-cat this week.
Hugs,Diana

Chris (catt871) said...

This is really cute!! I love the leprechaun, he is really adorable!!!! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!!!
Chris & the DT

April Rose said...

Wow--fabulous St. Patty's card! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April