Thursday, 18 March 2010

Nouveau

Hiya folks!

How are you all this fine day?? I hope I find you all well and raring to go. . .

Please forgive the very short and not very descriptive title, my brain doesn't want to function today! But it does have relevance, honest! (nouveau - new)

First bit of 'Nouveau' is some news.

Earlier in the week I submitted a card for a challenge at The Creative Cottage, which was followed up by Tracy in the form of an invite to join her Design Team - well, how could I resist an offer like that out of the blue?? YEAY!! So HUGE thanks Tracy for the invite - glad to be joining you and working with your gorgeous kits!!

They have a fresh challenge this week, of 'flowers'.


Next bit of Nouveau is the image I was working on this week, just so as I could enter the challenge at Midnight Madness. (such a lot of new stuff going on over there too - you really must get over and see for yourself!) Couldn't think for the life of me what to do with their sketch:


But then I had a flash (no, not the hubby) . . . of inspiration! I turned the sketch sideways and it began to look a bit like a stained glass window to my wierd brain, so that's what I came up with for it. An arched window in an Art Nouveau style. I shall be making this image avialable for purchase in Delicious Doodles after the weekend, when I have finished up my other projects I want to release at the same time.


So, the card then. I have used a backing paper by Tinker & Co which is printed as a tint onto white card. I then daubed ink over the edges and towards the centre of the card, and also around the main image to help it stand out more.


I cheated a bit with the image (naughty me!) I printed it out large on an A4 piece of card, and coloured that with my watercolour pencils. Then I scanned in the coloured image, resized it, and printed that out onto glossy photo paper so it looked a richer colour and has a sheen to it. A bugger to photograph though because of the gloss!!


I added some folded metallic ribbon to the back and raised it all on foam pads and layered it too. Last job was to pop the pearly bits on and make the flowers (punched shapes)

Right, need to go take a load more photos. Trying to clear my dining room and am in the process of shutting down my ebay shop. So I need to sell off all my cards and toppers, and any other extras I can get rid of too. Got to get it all done by 31st March!! EEEEEKKK - NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!

15 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Teri
congratulations on your DT post hun,gorgeous card your colouring is fantastic, very pretty card. Thanks for the nudge on the other challenges i new i had seen easter somewhere! lol. Not all were up when i looked yesterday 4got to go back this morn! DUH, sue.x

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Sue - well, you have done it again - another gorgeous card for the MMSC - how clever are you enlarging it to colour!!! Love this image and those DIVINE colours Teri - you have such a great eye for these things! Congrats on your DT too - no wonder though, your work is incredible! I am so glad you played along this week with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we appreciate your support and we love seeing your 'works of the heart' See you again next week! (((hugs)))
Linda MMSC Design Team

Sue said...

I love how your mind thinks, this is fantastic! What a very creative idea for the brick wall. The colors are spectatular. The staging makes the card really stand out. Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at MMSC this week.

Sue
MMSC March Guest

Priscilla said...

Hi Teri, you will never know how much I adore your art work..you are so talented. Your card is just wonderful. I love the colors and your take on the sketch is outside the box, but Brilliant ;) LOVE IT!! Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge. I hope you like the new thumbnail players entry system.

Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

GIRLIE ... only one word to describe your work ... AMAZING!! This is awesome Teri ... just so much to look at and enjoy! GORGEOUS!!!

Guro said...

What a perfect card :)
Love the colors.
The details are clean and nice.
Hava a great day :-)
Hugs Guro

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This card is gorgeous. I love the colours and the layout. You have constructed it si beautifully. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love the pearls,flowers,paper,
colors,and of course your sparkly
ribbon!!Basically I love it all!!
Thanks for joining us for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week!

chris said...

Hi there Teri
this is so very elegant and stunning it really is
hugs chris

Sally H said...

Teri that is stunning! I love it. I wouldn't know where to start with that one - sketches are probably my worst thing!

Carol said...

Wow Teri, what a masterpiece so exquisitely done. I love the dimensions in this and the added details. Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge

Kim said...

Teri,
Congrats on the new gig! You are so talented and deserve to be on any dt you choose! I'll be watching for your delicious creations for that one.

This stained glass is stunning. I would never have guessed that this one is scanned and printed on glossy paper. I simply adore this card.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a beautiful card beginning to end! Love it all! Great take on the sketch challenge this week at Midnight Madness. Thanks so much for joining us this week!
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

Lynda said...

This is such a stunning card Teri and I love the window you've designed - it's beautiful.

Love Lynda xxx

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Hi Teri! This is so beautiful! I love the window!! Excellent job! Thank you for joining us and hope to see you again next week!

Sue
MMSC DT