Monday, 15 March 2010

New Home Shaped Card

Hiya folks!

Sorry if you have missed me - I have been MIA this weekend! Well busy on Saturday doing a drawing for next week - took me all bloomin' day!! Yesterday being Mother's Day the family and I went out for the day. It was a kind of double treat, as today is my youngest's birthday (6!!), so we combined the two celebrations.

Got a bonus too! We went to the Highland Wildlife Park near Aviemore, and I got in FREE as it was Mother's Day! yeay! Got loads of animal photos, you might see some of them after I have sketched them in the near future (I hope). Sadly the new Polar Bear was too far away to see properly. The drive around section was closed because of the 'conditions' - still snow on the ground here! And the Wolves were MIA - hiding I think. Used to have loads of them, but I think they made way for the Bear. . . And the Beavers had been released into their new wild habitat, and a new pair are being introduced later in the year, so none of them either!

So, this morning I have whipped up a quickie for you!! I have used a yummy digital set from Creative Cottage for this card. They have a brand new challenge blog for us to play on, and their theme is 'NEW' (plus they are having a DT Call).


Just so happens that there are a couple of other challenges that this will fit into.
At MAWTT they want 'new home' but not as a square or rectangle - I have shaped my card following the outline of the image I used. At DU2DS they don't want any patterned papers. And at the Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge they have an open theme.

I kept this one really simple as I needed it to be quick and uncluttered. Everything in the kit is already coloured, bonus!! All I did was cut out and layer up with foam pads - yeay! Love it when a plan comes together!

17 comments:

Dragonlady said...

This is a perfect New Home card, love the colours and your different shape!!!
Shame you missed some of the animals but i look forward to your drawings of them.

HUgs Ali x

Shelly said...

Wow! You've done a fabulous job with this kit...I LOVE your shaped card! Doesn't look at all quick cos it looks so stunning! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage!
Hugs Shelly ;)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I love this house shaped card. Fabulous layout and construction. Really unusual. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sue said...

Hi Teri
sound s like you had a lovely weekend, gorgeous card i luv the shape of it, looks brill. sue,x

Sue said...

oh wow what a fabulous card..really love this one:)

thank you for joining us at MAWTT:)

sue
xx

Lynda said...

Brilliant card Teri and I love how you shaped it. Sounds like a good weekend was had too - pity you didn't see all the animals you wanted to though.

Love Lynda xxx

Becky said...

What a brilliant card Teri, I love how you've shaped the card, it looks so pretty!!
Thanks so much for joining us for our first challenge at The Creative Cottage, I hope you'll be able to join us again on Wednesday!
Love Becky xx

The Creative Cottage said...

WOW Teri i LOVE this card the design is fabulous, love how you have shaped it and the way you have used the kit!
thanks for joining the creative cottage challenge this week
hugs
Tracy x

{Jane} said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

mae said...

Maravillosa!!!felicitaciones!!

Avril Ann said...

Teri this is just beautiful, have to go and check out those digis, I am going cross eyed today, checking out all the digi sites...Love Avril xxxx

Christine said...

Hi Teri stunning creation thanks for joining us at SCSC

Christine xx

Sally H said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! You have been so busy. Love your card and the new doodles x

Donna said...

Fantastic card Teri and such a fantastic design...congratulations on joining the Creative Cottage DT...it will be great to be working with you again :) Donna x

Kim said...

Fantabulous job! I totally adore this fun card, you are so very talented!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Caroline said...

wow Teri this is fab what more can I say except Thanks for joining us this week @ DU2DS xx

clare said...

Hi Teri What a gorgeous card..love it and thanks for taking part in MAWTT challenge & Also congrats on winning Clare DT