Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Lovely Otters

Hiya folks - me again!

***second post today - scroll down for the first***

Couldn't resist the sketch at Midnight Madness this week. Can you believe that I sneaked a peak at it on Friday when they release their new sketch, but I only got to play with the thing last night!! Where does the time go?? Oh, I know, I seem to be on here most of the time, and doodling!! LOL



Talking of which, I used one of my newest Doodles for this card, some lovely little Otters. I think these creatures are just so gorgeous and cute!! Wish I could see one in the wild. . . Ah well, will have to settle at drawing them instead! These fellas were sketched using a photo I took many, many moons ago now, on a visit to a Zoo somewhere - I forget where now - such a long time ago. So last week I go looking through my 'Animal Photo Album' and pulled these guys out to draw. These cuties are now available for purchase in my shop,




I thought, as the sketch is in pencil, and is a grey colour (obviously!) then I would do the whole card in monotone, which fits a couple of challenges too as it happens. At Stampin' For The Weekend they want to see Monotone, and at the Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge, they have a colour theme of 'Shades of Grey'.


I am also hoping this is 'Girly' enough to fit in with the theme this month at the Funky Hand challenge - Get Funky. Well it does have a girly flower, and loads of ribbon, and girly swirls on the printed cardstock. (Funky Hand cd Dreams Come True) I did tweek the paper for the cardstock though to make it a greyer colour for the themes.

The flower is made with the same paper, but in various shades of grey, and with a wee silver mirri centre. I also put mirri behind the Otter image to bring it out some more from the frame. This has been placed on some black and white plaid paper. I almost fluffed it all up doing the staples on the top by the metallic ribbon bits. I pressed too bloomin' hard and it buckled a bit, and left a wee mark behind, but thankfully it isn't too noticeable - phew!


The ribbon at the bottom was a nightmare too! Wouldn't stay where it was put, so I had to use my double-sided tape to keep it stuck in place! Good job it's all hidden under the flower. . .

Right, time for some more Caffeine me thinks. . .!

27 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

OH MY GOSH ... this is AWESOME!!! I just can not get over the dimension you achieve on your creations ... AMAZING!!! Thanks for reminding me about the MMSC ... ooops, forgot all about it!!! Fantastic Teri ... YOU ROCK GIRLFRIEND!!!

Clare said...

Teri you are such a clever clever girl hun. Your card is absolutely gorgeous & to have actually have sketched the otters is amazing!!! i love animal sketches. Keep creating. Hugs Clare xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is gorgeous. You are an artist and your "doodles" as you call them are magnificent.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Oh they are so cute! Fantastic!

{Jane} said...

Lovely

Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Carol said...

Teresa you did this awesome piece of work in such a way that it does look like a photo. I am in awe of the soft monochromatic tones that is so pleasing to the eye. How charming and enchanting. Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge Blog.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Denise @ kc242 said...

Teresa, your level of detail on this card is fantastic! By using the monochromatic tones, all of your fine details just pop off of the page! Fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing this incredible card with us at Midnight Madness this week!
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

Dragonlady said...

STUNNING, Teri you are so lucky and talented hun. Guess what I'm jealous.
Beautiful card with this sketch too - am trying out for the DT wish me luck!!!

HUgs Ali x

Kim said...

Teri, first I want to say sorry that I'm not getting to visit every day, like I want to. After missing 30+ snow days, it is killing us trying to get everything in before the state testing in April. It seems that I am doing school stuff 24/7 now. I even have nightmares about it.

Now on to this gorgeous card. I've seen you create MANY gorgeous cards/projects. This is right there among the very best. I love your talent as an artist and your gift to design! Love the image and your ribbon! Just stunning!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sue said...

Terri, I am loving the gray monotone you chose. The papers are so rich looking and the image looks like a photgraph. Just a stunning piece to look at and enjoy! The silver ribbon is a great touch too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Midnight Madness.....Just a wonderful take on the sketch!!!!

Sue
MMSC March Guest

Lovely Linda said...

WOw Teri - you know I love your images, but this my friend is just incredible! These otters are so lifelike - stunning! Monochromatic works so well here - you are so very clever!! Love the way you have used the MMSC - We appreciate you supporting us this week - we love to see your card and hope to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Dolly said...

Wow Teri fabulous cards and you're right girlie doesn't have to be pink. It's funny I used to hate pink before I started cardmaking. Thanks for joining in at Get Funky this month. :)xx

Allison said...

lovely image and card
Thanks for playing along with Get Funky again
AllisonX

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Teri!! I just love your seals and the monochromatic colors!! The flower you created is beautiful! What an awesome take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing with Midnight Madness this week!

PatR said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Teri. What a fabulous image just popping out from the page. Totally gorgeous.
Pat xx

Christine said...

Hi gorgeous images love the soft shades..fab layout great take on the chall. thanks for joining us at SCSC

Christine xx

Priscilla said...

WOW Teri, you are so talented.. I love your card today and your take on the sketch is awesome. Love all the greys and it goes so well with your newest digi. Way to go..I am a big fan :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Sneak Peek will be up tomorrow, so be sure to check back for that. Oh, and we love all our players project so much, we have a surprise for everyone next week, so stay tuned for that.

Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Jules said...

Hi Teri

Your card is gorgeous.

I love all the grey tones very much and that flower is just fantastic. Love it!!

Thank you so much for sharing with the Get Funky! Challenge this month.

I do hope you get chance to play again next month.

Love Jules xx

Gunn (Merete) said...

Beautiful. Love the papers and colors. Fab image.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
Gunn :-D

crafty amy said...

This is stunning and that image is gorgeous I will have to give in and get some of them I think :D
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

Teri, I love this image and the monochromatic color scheme make this look so rich! Wow! Thank you for joining us at MMSC this week. Michelle MMDT

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Beautiful card Teri...I love otters and this monochromatic card really does them justice. Love it. You are not the only one who had to use double sided tape for the ribbon!!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Beautiful card Teri...I love otters and this monochromatic card really does them justice. Love it. You are not the only one who had to use double sided tape for the ribbon!!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Beautiful card Teri...I love otters and this monochromatic card really does them justice. Love it. You are not the only one who had to use double sided tape for the ribbon!!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Beautiful card Teri...I love otters and this monochromatic card really does them justice. Love it. You are not the only one who had to use double sided tape for the ribbon!!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Enfys said...

Gosh Teri, this is stunning! You totally nailed the monochrome look, love it. Thanks for joing us over at Funky Hand this month xx

~Christina~ said...

I love the way this turned out. The sketch was perfect for this color palette!