Monday, 22 March 2010

Leaping Salmon


Hiya folks!
How do I find you all this Monday?? Hope you are all well. . .?



My card today is one for the fellas, especially the Anglers amongst them. I wanted to showcase my Salmon image, available from:


my blog shop. I drew this a while ago, and have only recently got round the converting it to a digital image. Originally it was in colour, as you see it here, so this is what I have printed out to use for this card. The one in my shop has been made into greyscale for folk to colour as they wish - not all Salmon are the same!!

I followed the sketch over at Friday Sketchers for this card, and teamed it up with an old plaid that was lying around, and some parchment effect cardstock.


The darker backing is an image 'borrowed' from the net, but 'fiddled with' by me in photoshop to make it more fuzzy and faded. Behind the main image I have added some gold mirri, and some metallic gold ribbon to match. I have given the image some depth by layering it with foam pads. Just a bit of brown ink round the card edges, and that is it.



Nice and simple - just like me LOL!!

7 comments:

LINDA said...

WOW!! What a fantastic Guy card.. Love it!!
Hugs, Linda

Lisa Foster said...

What a fabulous card, Teri! Awesome illustration too...that's the most perfect looking salmon I've ever seen!
Hugs,
Lisa

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This card is gorgeous. The image is stunning, I love the colours.`Another stunner.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sue said...

Hi Teri
what a brill image, great card for a fisherman, fabby layout, sue,x

Lesley said...

hi huni...hows you? i am loving ur card...such a fab mans card...hugs Lesley xx

Sally H said...

Stunning Teri! I love it!

Tanja said...

Great card, looks so elegant!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja