Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Hidden Potential

Hi again folks.

This is my second post - scroll down for my first one!

BOY, do I need more coffee, I can feel my eyes closing as I type. I hate it when the kids are ill, especially all three at once, forgive me if I waffle. . .

This then is my creation for The Sisterhood of Crafters, a group of ladies who like to play for fun, and the challenge of course!! Today is the turn of our lovely Kim to set the theme, and as it's week four in our rotation, Kim came up with a Tutorial for you using an Easter Egg Stamp. Thanks for that Kim - you're a doll !

Now, you should know me enough by now to realise that I don't do rubber, so this had me stumped for a long while. But in the end I had to do something, so I got out my ancient Egg template and cut out some shimmery paper I have had since forever! Then I cut it to make it look like a broken egg, and popped a few sequins and bits on to decorate. I suppose these things have hidden potential??


I got out a yellow fluffy feather and made it into a chick for the egg with some googly eyes and a little beak. Next, I made the card to put it on, which uses a piece of 6x6 from a pad of papers by Tim Coffey (I think?) The words were generated in my page makeup programme.

But I decided this didn't look enough, so I got out a really old sheet of 12x12 that has been lounging around since I bought it some years ago. Now this had the hidden potential, as I made it into an Easter Basket for some yummy choccies. I followed a tutorial from the Just Magnolia blog for this (the basket, not the choocies-lol) AND you'll be pleased to note I have NOT eaten them all - they are still there for when the kids feel better.

Now, we'd really love to see all of your hidden potential this week at The Sisterhood, so come along and join us folks! Have a rummage and see what you can find. . .

While I am here with this project - I just came across today's challenge at Simon Says Stamp, which is 'Easter/Spring and Glimmer'. Well this is an Easter project, and I have some shiny sequins, and the Egg is made of shimmer paper, oh, and those choccies are all wrapped in foil!! Hopefully this will count. . .??

I hope it also counts for the theme at Daring Cardmakers this week, which is 'Birds' - OK it's a small chick, but it's still a bird, and that's where eggs come from right?? LOL

Another long shot - the theme at Charisma Cardz this time is 'something for the kids' - well I think it's kinda cutsie, and those choccies are destined for my babies when they feel like them!

13 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh Teri that is such a cute chick - love it! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is fantastic. You have really pulled out all the stops here. It's just gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Super Duper Fun Fantastic!!! You are just so darned creative!! Love your card and this little chickie is adorable!!

Lythan said...

What a fun card. thanks for joining in with DCM this week :)

Sally H said...

Such fun! Love it x

The Creative Cottage said...

wow this is fabulous! love it
hugs
Tracy x

Vanessa said...

Really cute, love the chick! :) Thanks for playing along with the DCM.

Kim said...

Thanks for the sweet compliment, Teri Doodles! YOu really rocked this challenge! I totally adore your broken egg and little chick. What do you mean not enough, it is fab!!! Love the little box too!
Blessings,
Kim xxx

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW!! This is SOOOO awesome!!!!! I love the chick with the feather and that box of chocolates is too cute!!!! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp!!!
Chris & the DT

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute.
luv
Debby

Ildiko said...

Teri I'm gonna pinch this little chick idea so gorgeous and simple to make.
hugs
Ildiko

Yogi said...

that's such a cute egg on your card. Well done.

Lynn said...

How cute is your little chickie in the egg :> Too sweet!! Lynn :)