Monday, 8 March 2010

Flutterby Fairy

Hiya folks!

I do hope I find you all well after the weekend, all rested and ready to CRAFT!! We have another yummy day here in North East Scotland, after a shaky start that is. Woke up to grey skies and a chilly fresh feel, but the sun is out now, the skies are blue - yeay!!


My card today has been made with one of my brand new images, a lovely (if I say so myself, and I do!) Fairy with butterfly wings. You can find this image in my shop


along with a few other things I loaded this morning (see previous post for deets). I followed the sketch at OCC for this card, and I used Tinker & Co papers for the backing and card.


On the purple bit I brushed out the centre of the paper using photoshop. There are two panels under the Fairy, honest, just she is so large that she covered the gap up!! oops!

I coloured her with watercolour pencils, blended with brush and water, then I smothered it all with twinkling H2O's, not sure if you can pick it up in the photo, but here is a close-up anyway:


I have layered her up with foam pads, apart from the wings, which I have stuck down at the centre with double-sided tape, and I curled them for some extra dimension.

The Butterflies in the corners are my Peacock Butterfly image too. I previously coloured in a very large printout of it, and scanned it into the compy. Now I can print whatever size I want and not have any trouble with the colouring in bit!! Yeay - what a cheat!! LOL

This fits a few other challenges, so here goes:

Charisma Cardz - Fairies
Pixie Dust - 3 Dimensional
Flutter By Wednesday - Inspirational Picture

22 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is totally stunning. Your work is incredible. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Clare said...

Wow Teri, this card is stunningly beautiful hun. Hugs Clare xxx

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Beautiful card, Teri!! The fairy and butterflies are gorgeous!!

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi teri, love your card and your fairy design thanks for joining in at polkadoodles this week ju x

Lesley said...

hi huni...wow this is gorgeous...i am loving the 3D image...have a fab week hugs Lesley :o) xx

Lynda said...

You're a whizz on that computer Teri! It's gorgeous and another beautiful image you've created.

Love Lynda xxx

JanJay said...

This is a great card

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x

Sally H said...

Stunning, Teri! I love it!

Danni said...

Very nice! I like how you did the wings! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Gloria Stengel said...

Wow! Love all the dimension and the deep color tones of this! Thanks for playing at OCC.

Michelle said...

Stunning creation! I LOVE this butterfly fairy and the colors you used are fabulous - great job with the challenge this week at FBW!!

brenda said...

Hi Teri

What a great card, wonderful decoupaged wings give so much dimesion.

Thank you for joining in my wings theme at Polkadoodles this week.

B x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOWZA!!! How do you do it!!! Keep up with all the challenges with these beautiful works of art and keep creating more amazing images!! I am SO IMPRESSED with your talent!! Awesome!!

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Wow, how talented are you? Luv the card. Thanks for joining in at Polka Doodles.

Luv Dee xxx

Kathy said...

Wow, this is amazing and beautiful! Thanks for playing with the Pixies!!

Sue said...

Hi Hun
WOW this is totally stunning hun, a beautiful card, i adore the image, great work,sue,x

Rose said...

this is beautiful!! love the wings
thanks for joining us on the OCC Sketch Challenge this week :)

Lisa Foster said...

Teri this is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Dust Challenge! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Kerry said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

Nettie said...

What an amazing image. She is stunning.x

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along in our wings challenge at Polkadoodles. Fab card - wonderful image Teri! Cheers Claire x

katesacraftybugger said...

fab card Terri,thanks for joining us at polkadoodles again this week