Saturday, 27 March 2010

Flower Fairy Gatefold

Hiya folks!

Did you miss me yesterday?? Sorry for the non-posting, but I was a poorly bunny. Thos lovely kids of mine decided to share their icky bug with me, so that was it for the day - ugh! On the mend now, but still not 100 %.


I was going to post this yesterday, but felt too bleugh so I left it for today. I made it for the current challenge at Crafter's Companion, which is to make a Gatefold card, and use some spots. I recently 'came into' a CC cd of the Flower Fairies courtesy of the lovely Lyn aka Blackdragon (THANKS HUN!) and have been itching to play with it for a while, and decided to use it for this challenge. This card also fits the theme at Cute Daisy May, which is 'Fairies'.


I chose the Zinnia Fairy with some paper to match, printed onto some gloss photo paper. I used some spotty paper printed in red to match the red Fairy, and teamed it up with some red cardstock. I decided to offset the gatefold on this one, just to be different, plus it fitted better that was, as I was following the sketch at Sunday Sketch and Stamp.


I made the flower at the top with leftover bits from the main card using my punches. The ribbon was part of some winnings a while ago, and the roses at the bottom are from the stash. The sentiment is computer generated. I even got to decorate the inside for a change, although that is pretty plain and boring really. Didn't want to over-do it!


Right, off to rest me head now - got such a headache after yesterday. . . catch ya all later!

13 comments:

Linnie said...

ooo i loooove this just adorable
Thankyou for coming out to play with CDM this week
luv
linniexxx

Sue said...

Hi Teri
gorgeous card such a pretty image, luv the papers, hope your feeling better soon hun, hugs, sue,x

Ildiko said...

Oh Teri this is gorgeous. I sooooooooooooooooooooooo happy you the other side now lol looking for ward to "work" with you. Good luck and you might win the flower fairy stamp whats on this week
hugs
Ildiko

pinky said...

Wow Teri, stunning creation, loving those gorgeous dotty papers and your little fairy is the cutest, well nearly as cute as Daisy May lol. Thanks for sharing at Cute daisy May
Pinky

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hope you feel better soon Teri. Love the rich reds and that fab fairy. Marianne x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
I'm so sorry your not back to full fitness and I hope you want be under the weather much longer.
this card is gorgeous. I love the papers and the layout and the Flower Fairie is beautifully done.
Awesome stuff.
Take care.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sally H said...

You poor thing! It's been going round at work too. Your card is stunning! I love the offset fold and the flower is just beautiful!

Rleen said...

WOW! This is beautiful! I love it. Thanks for joining us at the CDM this week challenge. Hope to see you again next week.
Hugs, Arlene

Arianne said...

Great card! Love the colors & the image!
Thanks for joining us at SS&S.

Hugs, Arianne
SS&S team

Christine said...

Stunning creation just LOVE this colour gorgeous fairy thanks for sharing & joining us this wk at CDM.

Hugs Christine xx

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Teri this is a real beauty the colours and that image are totally stunning thank you so much for joining our challenge at CDM this week.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Barb said...

Teri, how ingenious of you to make a gate card combining with my sketch! I love it. The card is gorgeous, too. Love that image. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp.

Barb, DT

Mimiko said...

This is absolutely wonderful :)
Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
Mira =)