Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Come To The Ball. . .

Hiya folks!

It's an almost lovely Spring day here in North East Scotland - almost because the sun is struggling to poke through the grey clouds, but it is soooo much warmer, the birds are all doing the mating dance and singing their little hearts out. I am actually thinking about hitting the garden today for the first time since. . . well, before Christmas anyway. Been so long I can't remember - LOL!

My creation for today then is my DT offering for Tuesday Taggers. Our theme this week has been chosen by our own lovely Avril Ann, and is 'Masquerades/Jesters'. BOY did that throw me! I spent ages trawling the net for something I could use. I did find something, but didn't want to use it as it was copyrighted and all that, so I sort of adapted it to fit my own vision.

I drew a masque to start with on it's own, then I drew the girl, and added the masque afterwards. Can't believe it took the whole of Saturday to draw by hand, and then digitize it!! Such a long winded process. Wish I had a magic tool I could use to draw directly onto the compy. . . Anyway - I have now added these images to my shop:



So, Saturday night I was at my board colouring in with my watercolour pencils, and adding inky bits to the edges. And still I couldn't make the blooming card. We went out all day on Sunday, so no chance of getting it done then. I made it at last when we got home, and only just grabbed the last bit of light for the photo (above). I could have waited until Monday, but just as well I never because it was raining anyway and so dark!! The photo below is using flash:


Not entirely sure if this also fits the bill at Darkness Inspiration (Thanks Lyn!) who want 'Dark Ladies' this week. I had tried to make her look sort of Gothic. Hope so anyway. . .

13 comments:

Avril Ann said...

I love this Teri, and I want her, she is superb...wish I could use her to enter the challenge, I have left a mention on my blog for our challengers, hope that is okay...off to checkout the Darkness challenge, although I think I only have time for my DT work this week. LOL....Love Avril xxx

blackdragon said...

Teri... i bow to you!
This is incredible.... everything a dark lady should be... i am GREEN.
Mushy stuff always my friend. xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This image is awesome. What a talent you have as an artist. these are beautiful.
Hugs,
Fiona x

PatR said...

Totally love this Teri. Absolutely stunning image.
Love.Pat xx

Kim said...

Love this stunning and dramatic card! YOur image is beautiful and I love the inked edges! You are so very talented!

On a side note, so happy that you can see spring!
Big hugs to you,
again, I hate missing your daily posts! You always put a smile on face and in my heart! I just wish school wasn't so hectic right now.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sue said...

Hi Teri
WOW hun what a stunning card, i luv how you have coloured it, fantastic image, you are so clever. been lovely here today just need it to warm up a bit! sue,x

Sally H said...

Totally stunning! I love it! This is another contender for Meg's birthday card x

Michelle said...

Awesome Awesome Awesome Teri, you amaze me! She's a stunner!
x Michelle

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Oh I LOVE this, I found your blog through the Darkness Inspires blog, and now I'm off to buy this stamp to enter into the Stamp It Crazy "gothic green" challenge :D I'd been unable to find an image I wanted to use for that one, and she's perfect. Thanks so much!

Nook Cranny Gifts said...

this card is fantastic, love the flower as well.
thanks for sharing
michele

Nancy Dooren ~ Nans said...

This lady is stunning! I love the gothic look!

Alex said...

I LOOOOVE this!!!! WOW!!!

Alex said...

OMG!! YOU are THE Teri that has the FABULOUS vampire and fairy image I got. I LOVE THEM!! And Lynx rocks, does she not? are you Smudged & Smeared message board? GIRL! I must tell you that I think you are the BOMB!!!!